Tyre crabbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Azam1134

Car
Mercedes C class 220 premium plus 4Matic
Hello car experts, i own a 2017 C class premium plus 4matic C220d. The car has got upgraded C63 alloys instead of its own oem alloys with Michelin sports tyres. I am extremely frustrated with the tyre crabbing, got them checked twice and i've been advised to change the alloys. Could any one guide if reducing to 18 inch would definitely remove this issue as the car looks extremely sporty with current alloys and i don't want to buy disappointment after paying hefty money for the new alloys. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome .

You say '..upgraded to C63 alloys...' Which C63 ? Some W204 had 18 inch or 19 inch . What are the actual wheel dimensions , better still post the part numbers of the wheels that are cast on the inside of the spokes . 👍

You got what you paid for.

Let’s see the spec of what you’ve put on but at first glance you’ve bought yourself crabbing and poor ride quality / pothole performance in the UK

Changing the tyres to a softer compound helps. When I first bought my C43 it crabbed really badly (very common with AMGs) and MB changed all four tyres FOC to softer Continentals. It still crabbed a little in really cold weather but other than that the change of tyres stopped it.

Hello car experts, i own a 2017 C class premium plus 4matic C220d. The car has got upgraded C63 alloys instead of its own oem alloys with Michelin sports tyres. I am extremely frustrated with the tyre crabbing, got them checked twice and i've been advised to change the alloys. Could any one guide if reducing to 18 inch would definitely remove this issue as the car looks extremely sporty with current alloys and i don't want to buy disappointment after paying hefty money for the new alloys. Any help would be appreciated.
Smaller diameter wheels with narrower tyres and taller sidewalls will help a little, but will not eliminate it. As long as the alloys you have are appropriate for your car (offset), get yourself a set of good quality winter tyres and the skipping will reduce dramatically, and likely be eliminated.

I would try a proper 4 wheel alignment first, wheels are wheels, they go round and round no matter what size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom