Tyre Dressing - Nokian Tyres

T5R+

SUPPORTER
Have a slight challenge - like shiny tyres but none of my usual products are giving me more than a few days of longevity (not even a week).

Anyone know of a product that takes to Nokian Winter tyres.

I have put some shoe/boot polish on in the interim (never previously tried it, but some members swear by it) but it lacks sparkle (before the forum comics start......I am not going to "spit & shine" my tyres). :D

Last edited:

Doodle

MB Enthusiast
Car
R129, Leon Cupra 290, BMW R100
Zaino tyre stuff works fine on Nokian winters, but it doesn't leave a particularly shiny finish I'm afraid.

W1ghty

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi and CLK200
I think in winter the tyre wall will become coated with a grey brown sludge , so it won’t matter what you put on it ?
Autoglym do a good value tyre gel , as do Meguiars and Auto Finesse

davymead

Car
E350 CDI Sport Saloon 265. Smart ForTwo Limited II Convertible ‘87 Jetta Gti 16V
Dupli-Color tyre paint. If you’re looking for year long.

OP
OP
T5R+

T5R+

SUPPORTER
Appreciate the recommendations plus comments. Most of the recommended products - have in the garage (except AutoFinesse and Duplicolor) but none lasted too long. Maybe it is winter tyre composition (properly cleaned before before sealed with any product).

Dupli-Color tyre paint. If you’re looking for year long.

Never ever tried this. Got be worth a punt. Thx.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
I think there’s some new kids on the block when it comes to tyre dressings these days.

When I had the GL detailed last year they used a product which I think was more like a coating - it has outlasted any other tyre dressings I’ve seen used in the past, just leaves a satin dark sheen and non-greasy etc. Maybe not shiny enough for your needs - the shiny coatings tend to wash off easier and attract dirt which then needs more cleaning work etc :doh:

Cant recall the brand off hand, but I see positive reviews for stuff like Carpro ‘Perl’ on rubbers and plastics etc.

Hope you find what you’re looking for!

bayman57

Car
C Class convertible Premium plus AMG Line Hyacinth red 360 cam ivory/black
i use autoglym tyre dressing . i use a washed out milk container cut around the top leaving the handle . then fill and pop in a 3" paintbrush goes on even and lasts at least a week can be applied to both wet and dry tyres

OP
OP
T5R+

T5R+

SUPPORTER
Can confirm that shoe/boot polish on Nokian tyres is acceptable - does not shine but somehow lasts better than premium products. 🎯

Last edited:

bayman57

Car
meguirs is sloppy gel dont like it . autoglym paint on is the best ive tried

bayman57

Car
Nokian tyres are good a lot quieter than leading brands and good wear too

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
I'm quite a fan of the Meguiars tyre gel but you can't over apply or it'll fling. So either slap it on knowing your car won't move for a week or buff it off to leave a dark shine but less gloss.

Chemical Guys do their VRP dressing which is water based I believe but is a lot more subtle and seems more forgiving. I've not used it yet though.

AMV

Car
E350 C207 / W124 190E / BMW Soon
Im a fan of Carbon Collective (Sateen) tyre shine. It's the perfect amount of sheen finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom