Tyre dressing that doesn't flick everywhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Can anyone recommend a tyre dressing that makes the rubber look good but doesn't flick all over the bodywork. I nomally use Autoglym Tyre Dressing but having a silver car with no mudflaps, there are black blobs all over the front and rear wings from it the first few times I drive the car. Any suggestions.

I recall Mic recommending something based upon his Concours win - I'll have a look on the otherside for you.

I use Turtle Wax Extreme Nano Tech (bright green bottle) which is easy to apply and doesn't seem to flick off - though my car is black.

EDIT - Mic's post

The stuff that I used on my tyres is called ''New Look Trim Gel'' from Chemical Guys and it definitely does not rub off. It is a clear gel and it ''goes off''. I have just checked by wiping my hand an a tyre and nothing on my hand.

Last edited:
I also use Turtle Wax Extreme Nano Tech, once it's dried it doesn't flick off. Got to leave approx 30min for it to 'set' though. Doesn't seem to rub off either

As above turtle was nano tech extreme gel.

+1 for chemical guys new look trim gel. Just make sure tyres are really clean before applying.

The CG stuff seems good but I'm impatient and want shiny tyres tomorrow so it's down to halfords in the morning for some turtle wax nano thingy stuff. Cheers for the comments chaps

Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing (never used anything but !!)

Report back what you buy and what you think :)

I used a Gel type one that seemed very good but forget the make, I now only have Autogym and on a silver car it does show splashes even if you think you have wipped it in well.

Would that have been Meguiars Endurance? Smells of bubblegum?

The CG stuff seems good but I'm impatient and want shiny tyres tomorrow so it's down to halfords in the morning for some turtle wax nano thingy stuff. Cheers for the comments chaps

Use a piece of sponge to apply and wear gloves 'cos it'll fetch the carbon out of the rubber and it's a bugger to get off your skin!

Report back what you buy and what you think :)

I used a Gel type one that seemed very good but forget the make, I now only have Autogym and on a silver car it does show splashes even if you think you have wipped it in well.

Reserved the turtle wax gel at halfords and will pick it up in the morning. Will update you presently. Cheers guys:thumb:

On your reccommendations, I have just bought some Turtlewax Extreme Nano Tech and applied to the tyres.
Left them for 30 minutes after application and went for a drive.
RESULT!! No splattering. Cheers chaps.

Well the Turtle Wax stuff went on really easily with a sponge aplicator. I left it for a couple of hours and then went for a spin at motorway speeds :p
Amazing product in the fact that there were zero splatters on my freshly waxed silver bodywork. The shine/wet look is good, not perfect but good but my main criteria was the non flickyness....is that a word? Overall it's superb and judging by the small amount needed it will last a good long time too. Big thumbs up from me

Rubber needs either a thick oil or silicone, trim wizard by Autosmart with a dressing sponge is always good but need some sort of gloves as the stuff gets into your skin and under your finger nails, as for silicone spray tried a few from the shops and found them to be crap as they dry to quick and are patchy so can only recommend Autosmart again, this does not mean its the best but considering my company has to make cars look showroom for sale its probably a good recommendation.

iv always found the cheap wilko stuff best. it sprays on nicely and it doesnt make the tyres shine which ive never likes.

it dries quickly and give it a brand new tyre look which i prefer. never had any problems with it.

Autoglym Tyre cleaner.

Used that and I find it c**p:(
I dont care for shiney glossy tyres. I currently use Autoglym but wipe it on and wipe off. That cleans tyre, restores new black look and avoids unnatural gloss appearance or excessive residue issues.

ps I avoid Autoglym wax polish due to excessive white powder residue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom