tyre dressing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys I currently use turtle wax slick tyres which I apply with a small brush, I like the wet look but problem I have is it flicks up the side of car leaving small black dots everywhere even if I leave ot for a few hours, so question is what do u guys use and your experiences with your chosen product thanks

Sent from my xperia z3 using MBClub UK

I just use the cheap aerosol cans of tyre blackener from ASDA/Tesco. It's about £2 and does the job. Never had any flick up the car, and it's not black, it's clear so wouldn't leave dots even if it did.

Favourite is Gyeon Tire, lasts the longest out of all the ones I've tried and you use a tiny amount. I don't like my tyres too shiny nor too flat somewhere in between the two.

Thing is if a dressing is water based it won't last and if silicone based its not good for the tyre.

In summer when dry something like CarPro PERL looks great but as above first sniff of rain and it depletes.

I use Autoglym but applied with a brush and I leave it to dry before setting off.

I also dab off the excess that gathers at the bottom.

Shoe polish on mine, seems to last well

the best tyre dressing that last ages is wolf's blackout tyre dressing.

I find it best to apply with a paint brush and brush the wheel. 1 coat for shiny 2 for satin.

I swear by it and does a great long lasting job. polished bliss or clean my car sell it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom