Tyre fitting/balancing costs:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam1

Car
E220CDI avantgarde-tansanite blue with sand-cream leather .Honda Civic, Honda Stream SESport( 160bhp
Just been quoted £20 to fit and balance two rear tyres for the runabout Civic by Honda dealer. Mytyres.co.uk can supply dunlop sp300 or bridgestone 391 for 40 quid per tyre. There is a dealer they list who fits/balances up 20 inch tyres for £5 per tyre inc. disposes of old tyre for 1.00 and fits to alloys for £6 inc.

Should one use the main dealer or go to quoted service agent of mytyres. Is there a diff in fitting/balancing tyres from diff places...i'd rather use dealer but if one can save a few bob why not.

Id go with the mytyres agent. The dealer will probably send it out to have it done anyway.

I just got mine done at the local quick fit type garage. 35 quid, cash in hand, a cup of tea while I waited and good conversation.

That was 4 wheels fitted, balanced, new valves, old tyres disposed of, and two new exhaust mounting rubber O rings supplied and fitted.

The agent is offering 5 quid for mount, balance and new valve and 1.00 per tyre for disposal of old, which is good value

My concern was if the balancing was a problem the dealer may be more sympathetic in resolving it since my car is a Honda and he would expect me to return for servicing. Thats if balancing is a senstive procedure....never had it done myself...since always left that to the dealer when i bought cars..

The only thing is i have 2 dunlops on rear and a budget jupiter on front...so if i swap it'll mean the fronts will gain the rear dunlops and the rears will be the new ones.....the funny thing is the fronts are brand new i've been told...not sure if i should bother changing.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom