Tyre Foam Replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgh

Car
E Class Cabriolet E220d 2020
So, picked up my A Class yesterday and today went over a slight pothole and the front passenger side tyre rapidly deflates! Tried the supplied foam and that did not inflate it, so had to wait for RAC through Mercedes Mobilo to put a temp fix on the tyre. Of course, literally no where was open today but did find somewhere so I have a Goodyear one side and a Continental the other!

Question is though, even though it was utterly useless where do I buy the replacement Mercedes Foam?

From Mercedes.

That said the stuff from Halfords would probably work as well (or not, as you discovered)

Reactions: sgh
Mercedes quoted £51.96, think I'll take a look on ebay!

Aren't you supposed to put the foam in, then inflate it with the pump?

I've got a space saver so it's not something I've ever had to do, but I thought that's what my manual said.

Aren't you supposed to put the foam in, then inflate it with the pump?

I've got a space saver so it's not something I've ever had to do, but I thought that's what my manual said.
Yes.

The foam MB foam/ bottle of liquid attaches to the compressor but you Can course use the pump on its own with a separate sealant......I assume so anyway.

If you have separate foam can with hose and nozzle.
Jack the wheel clear of the ground.
Spin wheel , find reason for puncture and remove it (nail/screw etc)
Fill with foam.
Inflate with air
spin wheel to circulate foam.
Drop car down and drive to repair shop.
Or what usually happens , drop car and watch tyre go flat again.

I personally do not like this foam repair stuff but realise many drivers have no option other than to use it.

If you have the space for a space saver do what I did and head down the scrap yard to find one

I thought that you had to turn the wheel until the puncture was underneath and in contact with the road before you started the process?

After all the punctures I have had, and trust me if someone can find them it’s me, I have never a bad experience with the can of tyreweld.
I prefer to use it due to ease of use, as opposed to jacking up the car and swapping a spare.
Been driving for around 6 years now and had as many punctures (don’t ask how). Used the can of goo successfully probably 3 times now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom