Tyre going down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad you finally found the culprit, shame as the tyre looks good. Other than the hole....

Was a shame, still had good tread on her. I hardly do any miles in her tbh , but still needs good tyres.

Have got similar problem. One of the rears triggering the tyre pressure monitor every 3 or 4 weeks.
Took the wheel off & dunked it. Found a small leak in the tread close to the side wall so not reparable and a leak between the valve stem & the rim. So not just new tyres but a wheel refurb too:confused:

Its usually a small nail burried in the rubber. It goes down pretty slowly (weeks) as the nail is a pretty good seal. failing that a cracked wheel ( particularly if its an AMG where the wheels are made of butter) but unlikely on a steel wheel . Lastly the bead between the wheel and tyre may have failed but can usually be cured with a good clean up

Its usually a small nail burried in the rubber. It goes down pretty slowly (weeks) as the nail is a pretty good seal. failing that a cracked wheel ( particularly if its an AMG where the wheels are made of butter) but unlikely on a steel wheel . Lastly the bead between the wheel and tyre may have failed but can usually be cured with a good clean up

It was , see my post #20

...So treated her to new tyres on the rear...

You shouldn't have said where you fitted them... this will now bring about several pages of discussion on whether new tyres should be fitted to the rear or to the front... :doh:

(The answer is, of course, at the rear! :rolleyes: )

You shouldn't have said where you fitted them... this will now bring about several pages of discussion on whether new tyres should be fitted to the rear or to the front... :doh:

(The answer is, of course, at the rear! :rolleyes: )

Noooooo! I started a 'pointless sign' thread, we don't need a 'pointless tyre ' thread

Oops sorry missed your post 20. Glad I was right!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom