Tyre inflation gel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markw70

Car
E220d AMG Line Coupe
I was wondering for those with the tyre inflation gel, do they keep an eye on the expiry date and swap them out when they are due?
Also should the bottle be checked under routine service or at the time of approved MB sale? I only ask because my cars got full MB history and was just bought by myself from a MB dealer but the bottle expired in 2017 almost 4 years ago? I even thought the date was manufacture date and not the date it expired, but I’ve just seen some photos on line with a date in the future, so it’s definitely an expiration date. Thanks Mark

Good point.

Same question applies to the original MB first-aid kit.......

Good point.

Same question applies to the original MB first-aid kit.......
Very true I’d not looked at the FA kit. Tbh I can put up with an out of date bandage, but its bad enough cars not having spare tyres these days, but relying on some out of date gunk to get me home is something else. I’ve just looked at an old service report for my last car, Honda and it’s part of their service checks, they write the exp date of the service sheet.

Buy a new tin then . Think you answered a question with 1 tbh. Better still source a spare wheel n jack for long journeys.

I have a full-size spare in the boot. I also have a fast Michelin tyre inflator. I also have the original MB TIREFIT kit comprising of an inflator and gunk. So you can see why I'm not too worried about the expiry date of the gunk bottle :D .... but as far as I know the TIREFIT kit is on the service inspection list.

Buy a new tin then . Think you answered a question with 1 tbh. Better still source a spare wheel n jack for long journeys.
Very true I could buy a replacement, but if it’s on the list of checks at either sale or service, why should someone have to?
A spare and a jack would be ideal but with a adblue tank in the spare wheel well short of using up the boot space thats a non starter for me I’m afraid.
D23B78ED-AAFB-426E-B808-2C0B737FB488.jpeg

Very true I could buy a replacement, but if it’s on the list of checks at either sale or service, why should someone have to?
A spare and a jack would be ideal but with a adblue tank in the spare wheel well short of using up the boot space thats a non starter for me I’m afraid.
View attachment 117656
I've the same , but if the boots empty , I'd still carry my spare when I can.

I have a full-size spare in the boot. I also have a fast Michelin tyre inflator. I also have the original MB TIREFIT kit comprising of an inflator and gunk. So you can see why I'm not too worried about the expiry date of the gunk bottle :D ....

As you have mobilo, you don't kneed the tyre gunk just call them out

Oh, yes, thanks for reminding me, I also have Mobilo cover, naturally 😎

Oh, yes, thanks for reminding me, I also have Mobilo cover, naturally 😎
Can I ask please, out of curiosity does Mobilo cover us poor souls who do not have a spare, should we get a bad puncture?

The check is indeed on the list, but not the replacement... it's a bit like discs and pads, the cost of checking them is included in the service, but not the cost of replacing them (should the check find that they need replacing).

So you can either wait till the next service for the dealer to tell you that you need to buy a new bottle of gunk, or you could just go and buy a new bottle of gunk now... in either case the cost to you will still be the same.

Can I ask please, out of curiosity does Mobilo cover us poor souls who do not have a spare, should we get a bad puncture?

Yes it does, but only if you had a service carried-out by an MB dealer in the past 12 months prior to the breakdown (or flat tyre).

The check is indeed on the list, but not the replacement... it's a bit like discs and pads, the cost of checking them is included in the service, but not the cost of replacing them (should the check find that they need replacing).

So you can either wait till the next service for the dealer to tell you that you need to buy a new bottle of gunk, or you could just go and buy a new bottle of gunk now... in either case the cost to you will still be the same.
I see so the last owner could well have been told, but refused a replacement for what ever reason .Saying that I’m still curious when it comes to selling it on under the approved used banner. I will ask the dealer after the bank holiday. Somtimes it’s more the principal rather than the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom