Tyre issue! Lost one of 9 lives!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chady

Car
E220cdi sport w212
I have a Mercedes E220 bluetec 2010 (170).

Front-235/35/19
Rear-265/30/19

Driving home today (100+ miles a day) the warning came up check tyre pressures! one of the tyres looked flat (runflats).

On jacking the car up I noticed there was movement (wheel bearing) on removing the tyre I noticed a very bad warn tyer! please see photo below.

Now it looks like it has been rubbing somewhere on the inner rim, I except its tight but I can’t see where? the other point on full lock I have occasionally thought it had been catching somewhere but this may have just been friction on the tarmac.

I noticed on the rear on the same side has worn the same (passenger side)?? but the drivers side front and rear are fine! Plus the car has done 20,000 miles on these tyres and wheels with only just this problem happening now?

According to the internet the above are correct even stating 245 front and 275 rear, so mine should be fine??? can you confim that the wheels and tyre size are ok please?

Could the wheel baring issue course the tyres to ware like this? Seams strange its one side of the car?

some body has mentioned I might need spacers?

Please what are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24db872b07690f537082ff29430187f8.jpg

30f46af71c3c8ddae9f0f3781016b256.jpg

Hopefully two new tyres and tracking redone

Also the e class is a heavy car. My dads old 5 series would go through tyres on the inner edges.

So you recon it's possible that the tracking been out could make the tyres wear like that and that bad?

Yeah. My c class wore the inner edges on the rear just with how the camber sites on the back. Same on my older v40 as well

Thanks! A bit of good news!!!!

An expensive start to the holiday!!

It could have been worse!!

Thanks for your help

Get the track control arms checked ASAP and then get it on a 4 wheel alignment machine like a hunter. The geometry will be way out of spec.

Thanks that's what I am going to do

I had a similar issue with my E class about two years after I had it. Got it realigned on a Hunter and a lot of the settings where way out. It's been a different car since. Well worth it from a safety and performance view point.

Thanks it's booked in today.

I'll let you all know thx

Apparently it's due to tyre pressures.

Mine were at 20psi!! Oops needs to check them more!

Had two done today and two more next week and set them up on the hunter system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom