Tyre markings - confused!!??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
Hi All

I am just about to order some new tyres for my new wheels and have decided on Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2's.

Following Alx's recent experiences with Michelins I am looking at ordering from 'Tyreleader' website and prices are best I can find. The thing is they seem to list 3 different tyres of same size but with different markings. All are XL which I need but as for the rest......:dk:

I'm looking at 275 / 30 / 19's fore the rears and one says XL / R1, another says DOT 2011 / XL and the other just says XL. All vary in price. Any Ideas??

I'm tempted to just go for the one that states XL as it is the mid priced version of the 3 and matches the description for the fronts that I am also ordering at same time in 245 / 35 / 19 XL.

REARS
Tyre 275/30 R19 Goodyear : discount price, free delivery - Tyre Leader

FRONTS
Tyre 245/35 R19 Goodyear : discount price, free delivery - Tyre Leader

DOT 2011 - year of production
XL - reinforiced
R1 - "mould type"
MO - Mercedes Original Equipment (but not in Ass. 2s)

Googled.... best I could do

DOT 2011 - year of production
XL - reinforiced
R1 - "mould type"
MO - Mercedes Original Equipment (but not in Ass. 2s)

Googled.... best I could do

Thanks

XL and MO, I am familiar with.

I googled too but not sure what the real differences are. OK I guess DOT 2011 may be best avoided as the others are likely to be newer, but I couldn't find any useful info on R1 and how that differs from a tyre that just has XL spec.

It seems only the original Asymmetric came in MO, but I'm not sure the MO spec makes much difference and I would prefer the newer version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom