Tyre Opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercenary

Car
W219 CLS320 CDI AMG
Shortly will be needing to put a couple of new boots on my rear wheels and wondered what folk's thoughts were on replacements.

Car Spec: W219 CLS 320
Alloys 18" AMG V 22 Spoke
Current tyres Pirelli P Zero Rosso 385/35/R18

I have been looking at GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 2 MO as they come in at an affordable price (£157 FF) and have had them on my RX8 before and was impressed.
However, no idea if they are good on a bigger, heavier car like the CLS. Any thoughts or alternatives would be welcome.
Cheers.

However, no idea if they are good on a bigger, heavier car like the CLS. Any thoughts or alternatives would be welcome.
Cheers.

as long as you have the correct load rating, it will be fine.

Wow, 385 wide! Hope that's a misprint:D

Quite a few of the AMG owners swear by Goodyear F1 Asymmetric tyres.
I plan on fitting a pair on the front of mine shortly going by the excellent reviews.

cartyres.com avon

Just had a four renewed on my C350 cdi, torque beast

Put GY F1 asymmetrical on and very pleased. Have good rim protection lip too

Most noticeable is noise reduction. Continentals noisy? Rears were about illegal (whoops) so that may have accounted for higher noise

Another vote for the Goodyear. Fitted these to the rear of my CLS500 about 3 mths ago. Very happy with them - quiet, good grip and as above good rim protection.

Cheapest place I could find them was Tyreleader. Are some horror stories but my experience was very positive. Alternatively Blackcircles were another good option.

Fronts now need replacing and I thing I'll put Goodyear on as well.

Tyre choice these days is more based on economy and noise, as all the leading brands will perform equally if you drive normally. The only time one tyre will outperform another is if you start to push your car to the limit, which is never advisable on our roads (track days only).

For me, I prefer Continentals, but the EagleF1s are also high on my list. The brand I wouldn't have again are the Bridgestones. I found them very hard and noisy.

385 can't be, must be 185, unless he's running a F1 version
Stay with the Pirelli's

Personally I'd replace with the tyres to match the other axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom