Tyre Pressure for Towing GLS 350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GFOS31

Car
GLS 350d 4matic AMG Line
Can you advise on Towing Pressure for towing with a 2017 GLS 350d.
Do I just go on the Max Tyre Pressure for fully laden as indicated on the plate on the car for all 4 tyres,
or is their a specific tyre pressure required for towing,
I have 295 / 40 / R21's
Thanks

Standard practice is to use the 'fully laden' pressures given on the plate inside the fuel filler. TBH though it depends a bit on what you are towing and how stable the outfit is. With caravans up to 1500 kg I've always just used the normal pressures on our Vito. Otherwise you'd have to deflate after unhitching and then pump up again for towing home.

Standard practice is to use the 'fully laden' pressures given on the plate inside the fuel filler. TBH though it depends a bit on what you are towing and how stable the outfit is. With caravans up to 1500 kg I've always just used the normal pressures on our Vito. Otherwise you'd have to deflate after unhitching and then pump up again for towing home.
Thanks, Yes thats what I have been doing, Caravan is a Twin Axle with Max Weight of 1865kg's. Will have awning etc in the boot of Car so will stick with Max Laden Weight pressures. Thank you

I just leave as normal and tow a 2ton caravan, With only 80kg on the nose weight and its fine.
Did try that at first and it seemed a bit bouncy even with Alko shock fitted to the caravan, Going to Max Laden pressures did help improve it, just wasn't sure if there was a pressure for towing. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom