Tyre Pressure Gauge!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
I have a portable Air Compressor that has an ancient Dial Pressure Gauge that has never been calibrated, can anyone with a Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge recommend one that is Accurate and Reliable ?

If I understand correctly you are looking for an in-line Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge to replace the one currently fitted to your air compressor?

E.g. something like this?

https://images.homedepot-static.com...85d70/svn/husky-inflators-hddti90-64_1000.jpg

(This is just an example found on the net - I am not familiar with this particular brand)

Not quite Mark, my Compressor is as ancient as the Gauge and I suspect that I will struggle to find Fittings to match my Connections, I meant a Hand held Digital Gauge that I can use after Tyre Inflation to check the Pressure Accurately!

7199AC8D-2CA7-46C8-A48D-A7EC4E9D1702.png I’ve had one of these for a few years and can’t fault it. It’s a Tacklife TG01 that I bought from Amazon.

Sorry - just read through them all .... I already have the Draper, which I keep in one of the cars. It's a quality, robust and accurate product.

I just fancied a digital one this time, but the cost of batteries may put me off.

Stuart

Not quite Mark, my Compressor is as ancient as the Gauge and I suspect that I will struggle to find Fittings to match my Connections, I meant a Hand held Digital Gauge that I can use after Tyre Inflation to check the Pressure Accurately!
I just bought this one (also posted it in my other thread):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry - just read through them all .... I already have the Draper, which I keep in one of the cars. It's a quality, robust and accurate product.

I just fancied a digital one this time, but the cost of batteries may put me off.

Stuart

I have a few gauges as I'm obsessed with tyre pressures! The Michelin one is my favourote, and don't worry about batteries. I have one form over a decade ago and it's still on it's original set!

411Tv7TSVFL._SX355_.jpg

z

Surprize this afternoon two Tacklife Pressure Gauges turned up in the same box, apparently this is correct according to Amazon???:dk::thumb::banana:

I'm amazed! You actually queried getting 2? LOL

I was amused by how dismissive they were of the old fashioned pencil gauge. Besides the fact that this type of gauge has been around for 100 years and proven to be adequate, another and perhaps more trustworthy review found several pencil gauges to work well and one of them, the PCL came top. They can even be re-calibrated if you have a accurate reference. I would give a digital gauge a try but they won't access the valves on my motorcycle.

Best tyre tread depth and pressure gauges 2018

I'm amazed! You actually queried getting 2? LOL

Now follows a deep and meaningful lecture regarding the morals surrounding being an honest and true upstanding member of society, none of that stealing from other human beings for me I'll have you know, pass the Halo, put me forward for Sainthood, Blah!, Blah!, Blah!, Blah!, Blah!, Blah!,ZZZZZZZZZZ!:devil:

But no, I have to confess, on Amazon I had selected two Gauges for £10.99 (I think) instead of one! :dk::doh::oops::rolleyes::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom