Tyre Pressure Gauges

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 21, 2002
Messages
6,283
Location
East Midlands
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
We are always on about keeping your tyres up to Pressure. But when did you last check your Pressure Gauge for "Accuracy". :confused:

My old gauge I have had for years and would use it all the time instead of garage gauges etc. But I have begun to wonder how accurate it is? :confused:

I treated myself to a new one, which is recommmended by lots of Car Magazines and is cheap too. It was £8.99 including postage from these people, and is + or - 1% accurate.

Tyre Gauges

New and Old. My old one read 33 lbs @ 30 psi :eek:
 

Attachments

  • Tyre Gauges.jpg
    Tyre Gauges.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
9,755
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
I use one of these




in conjunction with one of these





The compressor's guage actually matches that of the guage, but I bought the guage as it's as accurate as you find them on the highstreet. Didn't affect my choice but read good reviews also. It has some sort of battery that lasts pretty much forever and lights up in the dark, all in a robust casing.
 

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
3,241
Location
Wales, U.K.
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Brian,

Not tempted to mod your E-Class for the OEM tyre pressure monitoring option? ;) :devil: You could check the pressures from the dash display then :cool: or the car would even flag up a warning if the pressures strayed outside safe limits.

S.
 
OP
OP
Brian WH

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 21, 2002
Messages
6,283
Location
East Midlands
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
Steve_Perry said:
Brian,

Not tempted to mod your E-Class for the OEM tyre pressure monitoring option? ;) :devil: You could check the pressures from the dash display then :cool: or the car would even flag up a warning if the pressures strayed outside safe limits.

S.

How often would I need it mate???? :D

Apart from holiday luggage I find my tyres rarely vary. :D
 

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
2,490
Location
Essex
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
I'll have to purchase one, I have a very old pencil type I pinched off my dad.
 

DrNick

Active Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2003
Messages
538
Brian WH said:
How often would I need it mate???? :D

Apart from holiday luggage I find my tyres rarely vary. :D
Even if you fit the auto tyre pressure monitoring system, you still don't know how accurate it is!
 
OP
OP
Brian WH

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 21, 2002
Messages
6,283
Location
East Midlands
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
DrNick said:
Even if you fit the auto tyre pressure monitoring system, you still don't know how accurate it is!

True unfortunately, I think I would check the tyres anyway on a regular basis. :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom