Tyre Pressure Gauges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
We are always on about keeping your tyres up to Pressure. But when did you last check your Pressure Gauge for "Accuracy". :confused:

My old gauge I have had for years and would use it all the time instead of garage gauges etc. But I have begun to wonder how accurate it is? :confused:

I treated myself to a new one, which is recommmended by lots of Car Magazines and is cheap too. It was £8.99 including postage from these people, and is + or - 1% accurate.

Tyre Gauges

New and Old. My old one read 33 lbs @ 30 psi :eek:

Attachments

• Tyre Gauges.jpg
    Tyre Gauges.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I use one of these

200-202424.jpg

in conjunction with one of these

200-499954.jpg

The compressor's guage actually matches that of the guage, but I bought the guage as it's as accurate as you find them on the highstreet. Didn't affect my choice but read good reviews also. It has some sort of battery that lasts pretty much forever and lights up in the dark, all in a robust casing.

Brian,

Not tempted to mod your E-Class for the OEM tyre pressure monitoring option? ;) :devil: You could check the pressures from the dash display then :cool: or the car would even flag up a warning if the pressures strayed outside safe limits.

S.

Steve_Perry said:
Brian,

Not tempted to mod your E-Class for the OEM tyre pressure monitoring option? ;) :devil: You could check the pressures from the dash display then :cool: or the car would even flag up a warning if the pressures strayed outside safe limits.

S.

How often would I need it mate???? :D

Apart from holiday luggage I find my tyres rarely vary. :D

I'll have to purchase one, I have a very old pencil type I pinched off my dad.

Brian WH said:
How often would I need it mate???? :D

Apart from holiday luggage I find my tyres rarely vary. :D
Even if you fit the auto tyre pressure monitoring system, you still don't know how accurate it is!

DrNick said:
Even if you fit the auto tyre pressure monitoring system, you still don't know how accurate it is!

True unfortunately, I think I would check the tyres anyway on a regular basis. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom