Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raymont

Car
GL 420CDI
I've just put some new wheels and tyres on my car which are fitted with MB pressure monitoring valves.

Does anyone know how to get the car to recognise that they are there and to start using them?

The car handbook describes how to check pressures using these devices so I assume something has to be configured to enable them.

My hand book is not so clear on this, when you get to the activate menu, I have to press the button in the cluster to set it, and I cant do it on the wheel controls. This may be the same on the GL but I do not know

Malcolm,

Thanks for the reply.

The handbook describes how to check pressures and how to restart the TPMS system etc. The problem I have is that the operating system menus / messages relating to this system are completely absent from my car, which is why I wondered if some configuration tasks are required to enable this functionality.

If your going for the proper TPMS system with direct pressure monitoring then your car needs the right hardware to receive the data from the sensors in the wheel's and if no trace of it is to be found in the operating system then I'm inclined to think you don't have it.

If you know your supposed to have the system fitted then take it to the dealer as MB do sometimes forget to activate options and properly code car's when they leave the factory.

If your going for the proper TPMS system with direct pressure monitoring then your car needs the right hardware to receive the data from the sensors in the wheel's and if no trace of it is to be found in the operating system then I'm inclined to think you don't have it.

If you know your supposed to have the system fitted then take it to the dealer as MB do sometimes forget to activate options and properly code car's when they leave the factory.

That makes sense,, I have had mine turned off in STAR as I got fed up changing the wheel sensors

The wheels fitted when the car was manufactured did not have TPMS valves fitted.

I bought an extra set of wheels / tyres so I could swap from winter to summer tyres without removing and replacing tyres. This extra set of wheels / tyres happened to come with TPMS valves fitted.

I wondered if the necessary receiving equipment would be already fitted and just require a software configuration to make it work.

I’m not desperate to get this to work, I didn’t know the valves would be there when I bought the tyres / wheel, but it would be nice if I could get it to work without too much effort / expense.

Thank you for your replies.

Then you have not got the module fitted to the car.

Personally I would not bother with them as they are a pain in my view, though others may like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom