Tyre pressure sensors inoperative plus warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smart320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Toyota RAV4 3dr , SLK55amg, ML320 (2 ) A210 , E320 ( all gone )
while driving along this morning in my SLK I suddenly got warning bleeps and message on dash Run Flat warning system inoperative. After stopping and checking tyres were OK ( subsequently check confirmed all pressures are normal ) on restarting the massage had gone but yellow transmission/ gearbox light was on Amber. Mobilo phoned and said car is OK to drive but if after 24 hrs light remains on I should take it to the dealers. Any thoughts before I phone them? Car is 2012 SLK55 and has done under 20 k miles and I have T1 warranty, no doubt dealer will want over £100 just to plug it into Star!

Last edited:
cant help with the issue, but can suggest buying the icarsoft mb2 v2 , so you can self diagnose and clear faults yourself .

more than likely a faulty ABS Sensor - c£350 a pair to fit. MB always fit in pairs as, so I have been told, the error code only identified which axle (front or rear) not which side (near side / offside).

If you have cruise control and / or the ECO stop start, you should have noticed those are inoperative as well.

When you restart, move the steering wheel lock to lock which will clear the error short term, until the control unit sensors the error code again.

T1 warranty should cover it

Thanks but I am no longer wanting to DIY, hence buying a car with warranty, just wanted to be ahead of the dealer and more importantly as I guess with Easter looming they will not be able to fit me in for a couple of weeks so would prefer not to leave the car parked up. Mind you I could try driving my A210 for a change.

more than likely a faulty ABS Sensor - c£350 a pair to fit. MB always fit in pairs as, so I have been told, the error code only identified which axle (front or rear) not which side (near side / offside).

If you have cruise control and / or the ECO stop start, you should have noticed those are inoperative as well.

When you restart, move the steering wheel lock to lock which will clear the error short term, until the control unit sensors the error code again.

T1 warranty should cover it

Thanks, no other warning lights up ( had I had them I would have guessed at a wheel sensor ( had 3 go on previous cars ) and stop start working I think, as I was in Eco mode on way home after fault occurred.
I will try the reset with the steering wheel next time I go out and check start/stop.
Will book it in with MB later today

Typical, car booked in at 08.00 am tomorrow and when I started up the car this evening the yellow warning had gone out! Not decided if I should bother taking it in or not , wondering if it will return , probably when on the way to Benz on the Green . Anyone got any thoughts ? Yes or No.

Typical, car booked in at 08.00 am tomorrow and when I started up the car this evening the yellow warning had gone out! Not decided if I should bother taking it in or not , wondering if it will return , probably when on the way to Benz on the Green . Anyone got any thoughts ? Yes or No.

The fault codes will be ‘stored’ and Star can still pick them up.

Whether it’s worth going in only you can decide. :)

Realised it would be stored but I suppose I was wondering about the chances of it being sorted under my T1 warranty if the warning light had gone out

Well just back from the MB dealers Sinclair's at Swansea . All sorted, turned out to be a software problem! Wheel sensors all ok but the valves in the exhaust pipes needed the software controlling them updating. I had thought a slight roughness in the engine had been in my imagination, not so, noticeably smoother and pulling harder through the gears on the way home. Work took nearly 2 hours including a test drive after completion and a wash to get rid of a layer of red Sahara dust. Not covered by my T1 warranty but they charged me for only 30 minutes workshop time ( £ 140 per hour! ) so I was delighted, arrived at 08.00 am and driving away by 11.00. Cannot speak highly enough of the service I received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom