Tyre Pressures. C203. Advice Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
OK So I did RTFM and Im not really any the wiser.

The fuel flap says thus. Lightly loaded - Fronts 30PSI Rears 33PSI.

My car does have a staggered set up. Tyres fitted are:-

Fronts 225 45 17 and Rears 245 40 17.

So would 30 and 33 be right for the set up I'm running at the moment please.

Personal choice based on tyre wear I think John.

I have the staggered set up too, same sizes as yours, and run mine at 34 rears and 32 fronts with usually just me in the car. I'm keeping an eye on tread wear and will adjust them accordingly if the centre or outer edges wear unevenly.

I have 16" wheels on mine so 205/55R16 front and 225/50R16 rear. I mainly use the car for steady motorway cruising.

Pressures stated are the same but I found the centres of the rears wore, and the outsides of the fronts, so I run at 31.5 all round. I've just fitted All Season tyres all round so will be interesting to see how they wear.

I took for wheel alignment after getting the tyres fitted and the guy there thought I was bonkers running such low pressures and he tried to put them up to 38 all round. Mind you, he also told me the drift left was probably the ASR activating one of the brakes.

Cheers Mike, just what I needed to hear.

It came with a set of winters too on another set of exact same 17" alloys (Good old Camerafodder) these are 225 45 17s all round. So ill keep that at them at the same pressures too.

Last edited:
Thanks Rory - My like button has gone diffy - odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom