Tyre pressures for Brands Indy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben B

Car
2012 C63
Hi all,
First post so bear with me if this a common question.

I have a 2012 C63 and occasionally TD it even though I know nigh on 2 tons isn't great for the track, it's still good fun.

I'd appreciate any tips or advise on tyre pressure for my local track being Brands. I'm currently running 17psi all round and feel this is way too low. You can view my last TD here to see that it is not ideal in its current settings.
Brands Hatch Indy C63 Merc 23 May 2013 230513 - YouTube

Thanks in advance.
Ben

I was always advised to run the tyres at the highest psi possible for sharp handling. 17 is defo way too low.

On the cars we race we use around 34 psi depending on the track and suspension set up

Blimey. I knew I was low, but I didn't realise I was that low. I was always under the impression that you run the tyres low and when they heat up they'll then get back up to a higher pressure.

I must be way out. Cheers lads.

Heavy cars have the risk of the tyres coming off the rim if run with too low pressure. But then if run too high the car will just slide through the corners.

A reasonable number of C63 members have tracked their cars, so hopefully they will give a rough indication of pressure.

Give MB World at Brooklands a call and ask them at what pressures they run their track C63s.

That sounds far, far too low.

Standard pressures are 41/42psi F/R for the estate on 19" rims. I just left them at that pressure when tracking it at Goodwood and never really had a problem. I didn't want to drop them too low as I would scrub the tyre edges badly.

I amazed you have not had a tyre come off the rim at 17psi!

S

Hence probably why I'm getting bad screeching. My times are reasonable though oddly, I'm lapping BH Indy at 57/58s.

I'm down there next week and will try new settings.

Ps: my tyre edge is bad btw. Makes sense now.

I'm going to check again lads, this sounds like it can't be right or an incorrect tyre pressure gauge setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom