Tyre Pressures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tikw2124

Car
2002, W203 C Class 270 CDI Avantgarde Tiptronic, COMMAND, Phone
Hi to everyone. Recently replaced my 205/16/55 Michelins with 225/16/50 F1s. What pressures should i use? At the moment , i'm using the pressures listed on the fuel filler door.

Hi to everyone. Recently replaced my 205/16/55 Michelins with 225/16/50 F1s. What pressures should i use? At the moment , i'm using the pressures listed on the fuel filler door.

Hi keith, you use the same pressures irrespective of the tyres fitted.

This is always the case:)

Malcolm is spot on - as usual - just keep on using the pressures on the fuel filler door.

Maybe Not So Spot on

Malcolm is spot on - as usual - just keep on using the pressures on the fuel filler door.

I'm running Michelin Pilot Primacy HP tyres in 225/55/WR16, which is THE recommended tyre of choice I’m told on a W211 220 CDI.

Now the filler flap label states 30 PSI front and rear, this gives nice ride, but oh boy do the edges round off on the fronts?

The Michelin website states 32 PSI, this does tend to firm up the ride, also makes the car role forever, it’s surprising how large a difference 2 PSI can make.

This is then thrown into doubt at the tyre depot, mine happens to be Costco at Reading, who usually offer very good service with realistic pricing who suggest 29 PSI front and 32 PSI rears?

I’m sticking to 32/32 for the time being, another point to note, with the HP version I got 35K on the rears!;)

If the edges are wearing before the center,increase. If and vice versa.
'
I have found that it better to adjust before the tyres are just over ½ worn, this gives a recovery time to balance them out

Sorry I can't advise on your particular tyres, but I also find that the tyre pressures on the fuel door are way to soft for my car. On my W202 / C250 I always have Michelin Energy 195/65-15's I found that 36 lb in the fronts and 32 lb in the rears gave us good wear with us getting 40k + out of most sets of tyres. I normally change the wheels fronts onto rear after a year and needed to replace the full set after two years.

I hope some one can give similar details about the W211 / E320. I have Goodyear NCT5's on this car and am running the pressures at 36 lb front and 34lb rears and am keeping an eye on the wear so I can adjust if necessary, I have found that most people run with tyres under inflated!

Cheers,

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom