tyre recomendations for C class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p1nny

Car
c220 CDI Avantgarde
Need new shoes for the C class soon. Any recomendations. I have the factory standards on at minute and they are a little "twitchy" in the wet.

Are you looking for winter,summer or all season tyres? What sizes?

As above, SC3's get a very good write-up for all round performance.

My SC3's were fine till the sidewalls split on 3 of them.

Michelin pilot sport 3's for me now :)

Interesting to hear. I'll have to keep a close eye on mine then.

Please do , mine split on both the inside and the outside. Well worth a good look if only for your tyre safety. Wasnt obvious on one of them till i took the wheel off.

my car is on the 18" amg rims. guess ill just have to have a gamble with a reasonable make i think. they are down to 4mm now and I can step the back end out far too easily in the wet and traction off the line is poor :(

my car is on the 18" amg rims. guess ill just have to have a gamble with a reasonable make i think. they are down to 4mm now and I can step the back end out far too easily in the wet and traction off the line is poor :(

Ive got the 18's too. i like the pilot sport 3's

Agree what other have said on both SC3's and Pilot Sports. I moved to Conti from Michelin when prices started getting silly. Both excellent tyres in my view.

Kumho or Falken are a good choice too

Yeh I had Kumho in the past and they were by far best tires ive ever had on a car. lasted 24k cross country miles and gripped like a mountain climber on steroids.

If you are thinking of SC3 then look atbthe SC5, supposed to be better.

defo need new tyres, pulled out sharpish of a busy junction last night and car was full on sideways. was like something out of knight rider!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom