Tyre Recommendation ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adrianlobont

Car
E-Class 350 CDI Sport Edition 265 Bhp
Hi all,

I'm interested in buying new sets of tyre for my 2012 E350 CDI Coupe, what make/model would you guys recommend ?

Thanks

Hi

I bought Davanti dx640s in december all round for my C350 and they are brilliant! Cost just on 300 all in and i have to say they are well worth the money. The ratings are better than contis amd i would agree. A friend of mone has them on his s4 and he raves off them.

They are a new brand which is why they are cheap but i would definitely recommend

You won't go far wrong with Goodyear F1 Asymmetics or Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
If you are on a budget, Falken and Kumho both rate highly.

That would depend on the tyre size....

Some sizes are common and therefore readily available for relatively little money.

In this case ContiPremiumContact 2 MO / or ContiPremiumContact 2 for comfort, or ContiSportContact 3 MO / ContiSportContact 5 MOfor performance.

Also Michelin Pilot Super Sport or Dunlop Sport BlueResponse.

If the tyre size is 'exotic' and the cost for premium tyres is very high, then there are quite few reasonably-priced mid-range tyres available such as Nexen, Hankook, Falken, Kumho, etc.

Falken ZE914's, my tyre of choice for the last few years.

Russ

You won't go far wrong with Goodyear F1 Asymmetics or Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
If you are on a budget, Falken and Kumho both rate highly.
+1 for the F1s, predictable grip, good in the wet, quiet only down side is I cant see them lasting up 15,000 miles and I drive like a granny most of the time

Thank you guys,
Probably will give this a try " Continental Sport Contact 6 "

I swapped from continentals to Goodyear eagle F1s and I can not fault them on my A Class fanomal tyre would deffernetly put these on my car again.

I've been a loyal user of Falken for the past 6 or 7 years. Very good in the wet and fill you with confidence every day.

Also used Uniroyal Rainsport 3 recently which were good.

I used a site called tyreleader for my most recent purchase, 4 Falken ZE914's for £237. Can't grumble!

I had Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance all round on my Mondeo ST - 225/40R18 (before I bought my recent w210). They were excellent. Loads of grip, good in the wet and lasted a reasonable amount of time(circa 13-14k). Only downside is the lack of size choice, so may not be an option for wider fitments. Low rolling resistance too so had good MPGs! Would buy them for my w210 but they don't have them in this size :(

Most of the people are voting for Falken. Not only in this thread but the others as well. So, I recommend you Falken as well.

I bought a set of Conti 5s from Mercedes and they came in at £492 all in. Blackboots came in at £521 for the same tyres. You may want to look around a bit more.

I choose them because I read very good reviews, I will also do full Dynamic Wheel Balancing and Hunter Four Wheel Alignment.
I read that they are very good at this

I think that the good reviews will out-weigh any price difference then. As long as you're happy then it's money well spent.

Very happy with the new MPSS4's - seemed reasonable at £600 all in too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom