Tyre "Screetching"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
What causes tyres to screetch (if thats the right word) when you go round a corner or roundabout a bit too quickly?

Since my car returned from the garage it has started to make this noice on hard cornering.

The car is still on the sames tyres as before and my driving style has not changed, could it be they shiny painty stuff they dress the tyre walls with getting on to the main area of the tyres and effecting the rubber?

Regards

Tan

What was it in the garage for?

If it was a service they may have put the front wheels on the back and vice versa to even out tyre wear. This can cause more noticable screeching while the tyres at the front adjust to the different camber etc. Might not be though.

Any more ideas anyone?

It was in for an accident repair,
it had been hit on the front drivers side wheel and wing, they said it had a full geometry check and all was ok.

Could the knock be causing this?

Originally posted by Tan
It was in for an accident repair,
it had been hit on the front drivers side wheel and wing, they said it had a full geometry check and all was ok.

Could the knock be causing this?

Oh dear, that'll have something to do with it then.

Do you know if they used sophisticated electronic equipment to check the geometry?

Does the car pull to the left or right while driving along?

The repairs were done at MB GWR, but dont know what kit they have. May be Vin will know????

It does pull to the left, but it did before but maybe not as much and also i understand that MB do pull to the left quite a bit anyway.

Guess its a trip back to MB GWR, which is a pain as i dont go to that side of London anymore.

I'd go a bit lower tech and check your tyre pressures.

Low tyre pressure will make you sound like Schumacher going around a roundabout everytime.

Why assume the new setup is wrong?

In this hot weather, I have been experiencing a fair amount of tyre squeel from cornering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom