Tyre Size for Eclass W212 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benjaminD

Car
None at the moment.
Hi folks,

I need a new rear tyre and the size is

225/50/R16 94V - all my tyres are this size.

But looking at black circles and other tyre websites this size of tyre doesn't come up.

What I am asking is what are you running on your Eclass / year etc.

Cheers,

Ben.

As a starting point the tyre pressure sticker inside the fuel filler cap lists the possible sizes

Hi,

My E220 S212 uses 225/55/R16.

I looked up an online website and they had 225/50/R16 tyres available but the load index was 92 or 96 with a speed rating of V, W or Y.
Some had the 'MO' sign as Mercedes original fitments.

Plenty on this site. Go for 96w if you can't find 94w

All Tyres » FREE DELIVERY » Oponeo.co.uk

Thanks for that :) Still a bit confused about this. Each one of my tyres is a different make, and the dealer was supposed to put a new tyre on the back drivers side and I called to complain as the tread is very low and he said we put a part worn one on.

So looking to get a complete set but what I find confusing, each tyre site I put in my reg and my tyre size is not on there??!? Lost...

Small correct to original post my tyres are:

225/50/R17 94V . not R16

See pics.

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpg
    IMG_4692.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4693.jpg
    IMG_4693.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4694.jpg
    IMG_4694.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4695.jpg
    IMG_4695.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4696.jpg
    IMG_4696.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4697.jpg
    IMG_4697.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4698.jpg
    IMG_4698.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4699.jpg
    IMG_4699.jpg
    773.1 KB · Views: 11
Small correct to original post my tyres are:

225/50/R17 94V . not R16

See pics.

That does make a big difference:D

If you are going to replace all 4 at the same time, I'd suggest the Goodyear Efficientgrip you already have on at least one wheel.
A super tyre in my experience and my old Focus work car stuck like sh*t to a persian cat with these fitted.

Tyre Goodyear 225/50 R17 98V XL, MFS | Efficientgrip Performance | TyreLeader.co.uk

There are cheaper, but Goodyear have a very good reputation for grippy quiet tyres.

That does make a big difference:D

If you are going to replace all 4 at the same time, I'd suggest the Goodyear Efficientgrip you already have on at least one wheel.
A super tyre in my experience and my old Focus work car stuck like sh*t to a persian cat with these fitted.

Tyre Goodyear 225/50 R17 98V XL, MFS | Efficientgrip Performance | TyreLeader.co.uk

There are cheaper, but Goodyear have a very good reputation for grippy quiet tyres.

Thanks mate, I've read some good things about the tyres, I think I will give these a shot. Need to drive home from Spain now tho.

Thanks for that :) Still a bit confused about this. Each one of my tyres is a different make, and the dealer was supposed to put a new tyre on the back drivers side and I called to complain as the tread is very low and he said we put a part worn one on.

So looking to get a complete set but what I find confusing, each tyre site I put in my reg and my tyre size is not on there??!? Lost...
The Dealer put a part worn on, which dealer was this Peckham motors

Yep, just got back from Spain (driving) and checked the depth is a whopping 0.47 so not very happy with them. Getting tyre changed tomorrow. Also, the woman who 'helped' us get tax didn't... I checked our tax status whilst in Spain and it said no tax. Super happy with this garage. Will be writing an honest review for them very shortly.

Don't know the timescale between taxing and checking but mine took about a week to show up as taxed.
Just in case you might want to check, I done mine online and you get an email to confirm it is although records don't update that quick sometimes.

Don't know the timescale between taxing and checking but mine took about a week to show up as taxed.
Just in case you might want to check, I done mine online and you get an email to confirm it is although records don't update that quick sometimes.

I called them and explained the situation, they could see I took delivery of the car in December so won't be after me now! Phew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom