Tyre Types

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B Evans

Car
Mercedes CLS 350d AMG C Class 220 CDI AMG
Gents

I know tyres are tyres ect but is there a recommended tyre that works well with Mercedes cars or again a case of you get what you pay for? I am looking at putting 4 Mitchelin on

Cheers

Ben

You won't go wrong with any of the premium brands. I use good year , Pirelli and continental. MO markings on the tyre signify Mercedes approved but it's not necessary. Just make sure the load rating is correct.

Good year asymmetric 2- very quiet and mega wet grip
Pirelli p zero- sharp steering response , great in the dry , not bad in the wrong , a bit noisy
Conti 5 - brilliant at everything but again a bit noisy.

Cheers Harry :)

Conti 5P's on mine and are fine.

My favourite tyre is Michelin Pilot Super Sport

I am looking at putting 4 Mitchelin on
Ben

I don't get Michelin? Always the dearest, never the best. I've just removed 4 Michelin's and replaced them with Falken ZE914's, which were a damn sight cheaper, and on past experience will last longer, have better traction in the wet and just as much grip in the dry. Don't start me on Bridgestone Potenzas either, wet grip is appalling but they are consistantly one of the most expensive tyres on sale.

Do you get what you pay for? Certainly not!

Russ

I don't get Michelin? Always the dearest, never the best. I've just removed 4 Michelin's and replaced them with Falken ZE914's, which were a damn sight cheaper, and on past experience will last longer, have better traction in the wet and just as much grip in the dry. Don't start me on Bridgestone Potenzas either, wet grip is appalling but they are consistantly one of the most expensive tyres on sale.

Do you get what you pay for? Certainly not!

Russ
Agree Bridgestone are Rubbish. Michelin PS3 Rubbish also.

Had Dunlop FastResponse, and now have ContiPremiumContact 2 MO. Both very good. Considering Dunlop BlueResponse. Hope this helps.

Michelin PS3 MO1, exceptional grip wet or dry :thumb:

I've used Continental Mo's and Michelins on my W212 estate. I've found the Continentals to be the better tyres, but they do have a tendency to lose thread depth all of a sudden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom