Tyre valve sticks open - easy to sort?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
When I test my tyre pressures, one tyre keeps the valve open letting the air out when I take the sensor off. I push it in a couple of times and the valve closes back. It doesn't lose pressure thereafter, but wondered how easy this is to fix? Or expensive?!

The valve is sticking and not seating always,, just pop into a tyre shop and fit a new one, they may not even charge you for it

When I test my tyre pressures, one tyre keeps the valve open letting the air out when I take the sensor off. I push it in a couple of times and the valve closes back. It doesn't lose pressure thereafter, but wondered how easy this is to fix? Or expensive?!

Any local tyre fitter will change the valve for next to nothing.:rolleyes:

Snap Malcolm.;)

If I am understanding you correctly... just drop into your local tyre guy and give him a drink to swap the schrader core over. You can do it yourself if you have a key, takes a couple of minutes. Do change it though in case it lets rip at speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, decided to strike while the iron's hot, and just went to Kwik Fit. Someone from the bay walked straight over to me "can I help?"... told him what was wrong.."bring it straight into bay 2 mate"..... new valve fitted in about 5 seconds, free of charge!

Can't get Kwicker than that! :rolleyes: Sorry, had to say it :rolleyes:

Hey Gucci.

Whats feddie got that Brian and me have not got, we posted within 3 mins of your question with a perfect answer and Freddie crawls out of bed some 1 min later and picks up the" thanks" bit
Points are easy but the thanks bits are harder to get

Sorry! Have placed due 'Thanks'!! The reason why I added the thanks before, was the nudge to replace in case it went pop at speed...hence it prompted me into action ;)

If I am understanding you correctly... just drop into your local tyre guy and give him a drink to swap the schrader core over. You can do it yourself if you have a key, takes a couple of minutes. Do change it though in case it lets rip at speed.

Brian, your editing of my post is both pathetic and unnecessary - you really need to lighten up, go to Wickes or B&Q, and buy yourself a Do it Yourself sense of humour.

Many times here people make comments such as mine, and they are taken to be as a joke, but of course you don't like me, do you?

"advice", not "advise", "unnecessary", not "unnnecessary".

Last edited:
Hey Gucci.

Whats feddie got that Brian and me have not got, we posted within 3 mins of your question with a perfect answer and Freddie crawls out of bed some 1 min later and picks up the" thanks" bit
Points are easy but the thanks bits are harder to get

Firstly , he has an "R" key on his keyboard, secondly it isn't a competition to get "thanks", we all posted the same waffle at about the same time, get Brian to take the "thanks" off of my post and add it to yours.

Feddie

Oh, and I should add that our man should look for a reason for the sticking valve - is it possible that tyreweld has been added at some point, gumming the valve up? if so, treat the tyre with care.

Last edited:
Firstly , he has an "R" key on his keyboard, secondly it isn't a competition to get "thanks", we all posted the same waffle at about the same time, get Brian to take the "thanks" off of my post and add it to yours.

Feddie

I was not serious, I get more than my fair share :):)

Brian, your editing of my post is both pathetic and unnecessary - you really need to lighten up, go to Wickes or B&Q, and buy yourself a Do it Yourself sense of humour.

Many times here people make comments such as mine, and they are taken to be as a joke, but of course you don't like me, do you?

"advice", not "advise", "unnecessary", not "unnnecessary".

My sense of humour doesn't run to suggesting stealing valves from carparks, so I guess you may be right.:rolleyes: Anyone seen making similar comments will be moderated as well, liking you or anyone else is irrelevant to the discussion.

I am here to moderate unsuitable posts, if you don't like that then I suggest you find another forum.

My sense of humour doesn't run to suggesting stealing valves from carparks, so I guess you may be right.:rolleyes: Anyone seen making similar comments will be moderated as well, liking you or anyone else is irrelevant to the discussion.

I am here to moderate unsuitable posts, if you don't like that then I suggest you find another forum.

That is a completely ridiculous thing to say, and you well know it. Who would even consider taking out a valve core from one car and using it in another ?

You know quite well why you took the course of action you did, at least let us stop playing games.

That is a completely ridiculous thing to say, and you well know it. Who would even consider taking out a valve core from one car and using it in another ?

Perhaps you would tell everyone what the original post said then?

You know quite well why you took the course of action you did, at least let us stop playing games

You have lost me there, I have no ulterior motive that I know of???:confused:

Perhaps you would tell everyone what the original post said then?

You have lost me there, I have no ulterior motive that I know of???:confused:

You deleted it, you tell them. You have access to the DB, I don't.

I said something like "failing that, you could always park in Sainsburys car park - plenty of valve cores there."

I hope you edit all the posts where someone suggests bashing some oik who scratched a car - incitement that is.

You deleted it, you tell them. You have access to the DB, I don't.

I said something like "failing that, you could always park in Sainsburys car park - plenty of valve cores there."

I hope you edit all the posts where someone suggests bashing some oik who scratched a car - incitement that is.

Yawn.

Edited posts are not kept on the DB.

Plenty of valve cores in Sainsbugs car park?
Yes there are, but it sounds like you are saying to swap yours over with another persons.

THEFT that is Fred.

Children, children, enough is enough. So often laughter can change to tears.

Yawn.

Edited posts are not kept on the DB.

Plenty of valve cores in Sainsbugs car park?
Yes there are, but it sounds like you are saying to swap yours over with another persons.

THEFT that is Fred.

In some forums they are - yawn.

You know very well no one suggested anything of the sort - but have it your way .

Yawn.

Children, children, enough is enough. So often laughter can change to tears.

You are quite right - childish is just what it is.

I should have known better than to draw attention to it, but at least we are all aware of the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom