Tyre wall black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rubyred

Car
2017 C Class AMG Line
Afternoon all, just wondering what you detailing nuts use on your tyres to make them gleam.
Over the years I’ve tried all sorts with mixed results, at the moment I’m using Auto glym tyre gel stuff, again with mixed results.
Ive tended to stick with stuff you can buy in Halfords or my local motorist shop, but open to new product suggestions.
Have a great Xmas.
Keith

I am using Meguiars Endurance Gel, available in Halfords last time I looked.
Have a great Xmas yourself.

Used that myself AMGeed good stuff

Endurance Gel for me too

Depending on the finish you want really, decent prep prior to the dressing also helps durability.

I use Carpro pearl as I dont like a shiny finish. Lasts about 4 washes before reapplying.

Also Garage Therapy have just released a new Tyre and rubber conditioner/dressing that has been getting some great reviews. Judging by the rest of their products it should be really good

+2 for Megs’ Endurance, excellent finish, just don’t brush against the tyre wearing decent trousers though, even when it’s dry.

But if you do, the only stuff I could find to remove the stain was the ubiquitous WD40.

Before anyone comments, I realise I probably put too much on, or don’t wipe off the excess, but I like the shine!

I gave my Megs to my neighbour this week, been sat in my cupboard for about 2 years.No use to me as I have a pavior drive and Megs doesn't dry and I end up with oily lines all over the drive.Tried a few different products over the years but now settled on shoe polish sticks, easy to apply, looks OK.

There's another thread there which may be of use to you

Thanks for all your replies, Meguiars it is then. Will treat myself to a bottle once this damed lockup is over.

Afternoon all, just wondering what you detailing nuts use on your tyres to make them gleam.
Over the years I’ve tried all sorts with mixed results, at the moment I’m using Auto glym tyre gel stuff, again with mixed results.
Ive tended to stick with stuff you can buy in Halfords or my local motorist shop, but open to new product suggestions.
Have a great Xmas.
Keith
Buy the best quality black show polish from Timpsons, the brand the military uses- needs a bit of spit to get a parade ground standard of finish. Although made for leather works fine on tyres & avoids the Arthur Daley look gained uses tyre paint which would you believe it saw a tin of in Halfords recently.

I used to use Cherry Blossom shoe polish on my tyres when I had a Morris Oxford when I was a wee lad.
Who would of thought with all the lotions and potions available today people still recommend and use shoe polish. I will give it ago again I think before buying some Maguiers.

Depends what finish your looking fo..
I’ve always used Armour All gloss finish.
£5.99 a bottle easy to apply to a sponge and despite saying it’s a gloss finish it isn’t.... just gives a nice clean look without looking like you’ve tried too hard👍👍💪

Buy the best quality black show polish from Timpsons, the brand the military uses- needs a bit of spit to get a parade ground standard of finish. Although made for leather works fine on tyres & avoids the Arthur Daley look gained uses tyre paint which would you believe it saw a tin of in Halfords recently.
Kiwi Parade Gloss Prestige available at most supermarkets. Easy to brush on and polish off.

I am using Meguiars Endurance Gel, available in Halfords last time I looked.
Have a great Xmas yourself.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom