Tyre Wear - AMG E63 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charliecloud

Car
AMG E63 S212
My car has Pirelli P Zeros front & rear in the standard 19R size. Just checked the tread wear & depth and on both front & rear.

I have 5mm on the outside and 3mm on the inside on all tyres.

Is this a normal wear pattern or do I need the alignment done when I have a new set of tyres fitted

My car has Pirelli P Zeros front & rear in the standard 19R size. Just checked the tread wear & depth and on both front & rear.

I have 5mm on the outside and 3mm on the inside on all tyres.

Is this a normal wear pattern or do I need the alignment done when I have a new set of tyres fitted
Camber checked at the same time as tracking

No harm in getting the geo/alignment checked (some places will give you a check for free, before quoting for any adjustments) - as suggested, could be excess negative camber although I’m not sure there’s much adjustment for that (I think the rear has fixed links, not sure on the front but you may require new bolts to bring it into spec if required)

Is your car standard - not lowered/running spacers etc?

No harm in getting the geo/alignment checked (some places will give you a check for free, before quoting for any adjustments) - as suggested, could be excess negative camber although I’m not sure there’s much adjustment for that (I think the rear has fixed links, not sure on the front but you may require new bolts to bring it into spec if required)

Is your car standard - not lowered/running spacers etc?
Standard car - no mods at all.

Is this a normal wear pattern
Yes. Both my E63's wore the inside of the tyres first, both front and rear.
or do I need the alignment done when I have a new set of tyres fitted
It's worth having a 4-wheel alignment check done regardless.

And, FWIW, my experience is that wet grip of the P Zeros is terrible on the E63 once part worn. Conti's are much better, as are the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 (not sure about the later variants as I didn't run them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom