Tyre wear C180k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golfbuggy

Hi.
I have a C180k Est Nov 07. I replaced ALL the tyres at 16000mls
Ive just had the first MOT,only just passed on uneven front brake pressure,but the guy pointed out that the rear tyres have about a 1000mls left in them which would give me about 11000mls! Can this be right to get what I think is sooo little out of them?
Thanks for reading
Pete

My sister has a similar car. She has got 9k from the rears and she does not exactly race around.

What make are they? Tyre compound plays a huge part as does the correct tyre pressures.

C 180 Kompressor MY2006.

Original Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 lasted 24k miles.

Dunlop Sport Fast Response went on the car new at 24k with 8mm tread. They are now 6mm at front and 5mm at rear. Car now has 36k. Work out the maths - looks like I'll get 24k out of these as well. A bit more perhaps if I actually bother to rotate the tyres and swap them back to front...

I drive moderately and run my tyres slightly higher pressures than the minimum - around 3-4 psi more.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
You're not the only one with wear issues!

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/wheels-tyres/99275-michelin-pilot-sport-2-lasted-11k-miles.html

You don't say what tyres you had before and now. On my C220 I ran through a pair of Conti sports in about a year. They shouldn't have lasted that long but I eked out an extra month or two since it was late spring and the weather wasn't too bad. I would guess that was approx 15-16k miles.

Replaced these with Falken 452's as they were cheaper but had seen them recommended. These have just come off for winters and have probably done approx 8-10k miles and don't look too bad.

I would suggest you try a different tyre. Loads of suggestions if you search these boards. And stay away from ones deemed performance tyres. Softer rubber doesn't make for long lasting tyres.

tyre wear

Sorry, forgot to mention the model is a 180k Sport est.
Tyres were replacements for what was on the car when I bought it at 5000mls from MB Bristol... Contisport Contact 3 225/45 R17 front and 245/40 rear.

In fact I managed less than 16000mls previously,I reckon they were pretty much gone before I drove 4000mls to Spain and back last year oops!
Thanks for your response one and all.
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom