Tyre wear on a C320 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Hi

Are there any other owners of a W203 C320cdi who can let me know what mileage they are getting out of a set of tyres?

At the rear 3 sets of Contis @ 15,000 miles a set and now 14,000 out of a set of Goodyear F1 assymetrics.

Fronts lasted 24,000 and 28,000 both set contis now on goodyear F1 assymetics.

Planning to try a set of Michelin Primacy on the rear to see how they go.

I think I was heading to get about 25,000 from the rear. Front seemed to be lasting well, but a lot of my miles are motorway which seems to help.

David

I got 25k miles out of my original Continental Sport Contact 2...with still some tread on the front but changed all 4..
Present set is Michelin Pilot Sport 2 at 21k miles..Front set has good amount of rubber still to go but back needs changing in about 2-3k..

I was more conservative on the Conti's..so it lasted longer..although I got more fun and confidence with the Michelin's..It is a lovely set..smooth,comfy,grips like mad and great all weather performer..If you are going for the primacy, you going to get more life..

Oh dear. Maybe I was driving too quickly but my Contis were down to 3mm after 'only' 16,000miles.

Oh dear. Maybe I was driving too quickly but my Contis were down to 3mm after 'only' 16,000miles.

was that your rears? If so we are about the same....:D and I dont drive madly...honest guv

So it seems mine is not out of kilter.........phewww

even my local merc was stunned when they changed my tyres..and saw that it was the factory set of contis and with that much miles done on my first set..

I got 20k on my conti's and so far got 35k on the F1s and still going, i think that the F1s are a harder compound, i may be wrong but they seem to be lasting longer than the conti's but i think the ride is a bit rougher than the conti's, my next set will be the conti sport 3s

I had over 20k on the clock with the original Conti Sport 2 on when I sold my C320 Cdi. In fact, the front still had a just over 4mm and the rear at 3.5 left. Not bad considering the extra power introduced with the Brabus box.

I have a C270CDi estate, which I really only use for long motorway journeys and the original Bridgestone Turanza's lasted 20K on the rear and I probably left them a bit long.
Replaced them with Michelin Primacy HP's and they've done 18K and don't have much left especially in the centres, despite slight under-inflation. I'm humming and harring about changing them this month as Costco have a 20% off deal if I buy 4 tyres.

The fronts (at 38K) are still the originals! And there's still 4mm tread in the centres but they're scrubbed on the outside shoulders, especially the NSF one and it's starting to look a bit obvious so I think they should be changed too. I'm currently battling with my dealer to try to get them to do an alignment under ServicePlus (they noted the tyres as scubbed on the last MOT) but they're ignoring my calls. Marvellous.

Hi

Are there any other owners of a W203 C320cdi who can let me know what mileage they are getting out of a set of tyres?

At the rear 3 sets of Contis @ 15,000 miles a set and now 14,000 out of a set of Goodyear F1 assymetrics.

Fronts lasted 24,000 and 28,000 both set contis now on goodyear F1 assymetics.

Planning to try a set of Michelin Primacy on the rear to see how they go.

Conti Sport contact 2's lasted me 13,000 miles on a C270CDI and i don't drive fast. I moved to michelin pilot exalto's and problem solved , still the same rubber on when i sold the car at 38k.

Is anyone using the Contis Sport Contact 3..wonder how different they are in comparison to the Sport Contact 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom