Tyre wear on rears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GordyB

I have a W208 320 and I'm having to replace the rear tyres. Both are worn on the inside edge which I thought strange. I know aggressive cornering will wear outside edges and tyre pressures can wear middle or both edges, but how do you wear an inside edge? Is camber adjustable on these? The wear is even on both rears, inside edge worn below legal limit with about 3mm left on the outside edge.

Thanks

I cant help too much but i have a w208, i have had the same rear tyres on it for 2 years now and they are still fine.

Get the rear tracking done. Seems like you are running too much rear camber. Have you lowered your car at all?

Had the car under a year and previous owner didn't look the sort to lower it. However it has aftermarket 18's on so it may be from years ago. Ride height looks about right - when you say tracking, what is adjustable on these on the rears, toe, caster, camber etc. etc.

Have played with suspension a bit on other fully adjustable cars so would be nice to learn about setups and what you can adjust on the CLK.

You can adjust front/ rear toe, front camber/ castor although there's not much adjustment range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom