Tyre wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dream Works

Car
ML 300 sport
Gents & Ladies,

I have had my CLS350 3500 mile from the dealers. After 100 meters I noticed a faint bump bump bump as the speed increased I phoned the garage and informed them about it but I was just 3 hours from a flight so couldn't return.

On return from holiday their top tech had a drive round and said "don't worry it will be just a parking flat spot"

Two was later they had the car to look at another issue and said "it will go away with time"

The attached photo is what I found when having winter tyres fitted.

What could be the problem as I have a meeting with the service manager tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 90
Disgusting that they sold you the car with tyres in that condition, They obviously didn't check it over?
What did the tyre fitter say about them?
A sure MOT failure.

Last edited:
Perhaps the car was stood on flat tyres for a period of time.

Seeing garage tomorrow so I will update you all many thanks

I'm going to seem like a Yob here but I am only 16 but, we've had this problem with plenty of cars. Turn the traction control off slam you foot on the brake and the accelerator hard down.

DIY Bald Spot fix :p

Cheaper than new tyres.

I can't believe they sold you a car with tyres like that begs to wonder what else did they bodge

If you had a accident with those tyres on the car I bet your insurance would be not valid

The STEALERS have sent the tyres off to Pirelli for comments, they are struggling for excuses to why they have had it in the garage twice and missed them even after a "it's probably a flat spot issue " comment.

They will be named on here once a resolution is given, that's good or bad

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it looks as though there's a split around the entire circumference of it and that the tread is separating from the casing.
If that is what's happened, not only is it an MOT failure, but it's also dangerous :eek:
I hate to think what would have happened if the tread had become detached at speed. All too often we see the remains of HGV tyre treads along the motorways.

Just goes to show how thoroughly they checked it, or not :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom