Tyre wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CardinalZeus77

Car
Porsche 991.2 911 Carrera S
What sort of mileage are you getting on your tyres?

I am not too impressed with my tyre wear.

30K miles in and rears are 3mm each but what's worse is that half that time I have been on winters so in effect 15K miles and the tyres are almost worn :dk:

30K miles in and rears are 3mm each but what's worse is that half that time I have been on winters so in effect 15K miles and the tyres are almost worn :dk:
Hello Hitman, glad to see you are still around!! You probably don't remember me? :rolleyes:
I've just checked my rears, do not have any gauges, but I estimated I have approx 6mm left after 14000miles, again I reckoned probably a few thousand of those miles were from winter tyres.

Hello Hitman, glad to see you are still around!! You probably don't remember me? :rolleyes:
I've just checked my rears, do not have any gauges, but I estimated I have approx 6mm left after 14000miles, again I reckoned probably a few thousand of those miles were from winter tyres.

Hi ... yes still around ... sorry I don't remember ... the memory is getting pretty bad in my old age! You are doing better than me on the tyres. Your car have Continentals?

Hitman999 said:

Think you've done we'll. got 10k out of my rears and just replacing the fronts at 22k.

Hi ... yes still around ... sorry I don't remember ... the memory is getting pretty bad in my old age! You are doing better than me on the tyres. Your car have Continentals?
LOL I dont blame you, I only remember when I look thru my messages, we were talking about winter tyres.
Yes mine came with Continental.

Cheers
Kin

LOL I dont blame you, I only remember when I look thru my messages, we were talking about winter tyres.
Yes mine came with Continental.

Cheers
Kin

Oh yes I remember now :).
The Conti's seem to wear more quickly. I had Pilot Sports on my BMW and those lasted nearly 40k!

I'm coming up 20,000 miles from new on the Conti's but I think the rears will need changing at the end of summer.

My rear tyres have done 30k miles and still 3mm left on them, the fronts were changed at 24k miles, but I have a B Class front wheel drive :D

Just replaced the rears on my S211 E220 for the second time at 76,000 miles. The first set lasted 30k and the second 46k. The fronts were replaced at 48k and still have plenty left.

The car came with Michelin Primacies from new and that's what I've replaced them with each time.

Very happy with the mileage. Of course, now that I'm not as young as I was, I drive like a granny.

Hitman999 said:
I am looking at lease deals on the C63 507. I'll need to factor in the tyres. You on 18" or 19s?

Tyres and fuel :). Funnily enough the two seem to go together :). Mine was on 19s and I got between 6-8k from them

Tyres and fuel :). Funnily enough the two seem to go together :). Mine was on 19s and I got between 6-8k from them

Lol yeh fuel ... it has a drink problem :). How many miles you getting from a tank? Do you put in premium fuel or regular?

Hitman999 said:
Lol yeh fuel ... it has a drink problem :). How many miles you getting from a tank? Do you put in premium fuel or regular?

Around 200 to a tank is the painful part. I had a 330d BMW before and could go to my parents and back on one tank but the C63 couldn't even get there with out a pit stop. It's supposed to run on Premium but didn't seem to make a difference to me.

Around 200 to a tank is the painful part. I had a 330d BMW before and could go to my parents and back on one tank but the C63 couldn't even get there with out a pit stop. It's supposed to run on Premium but didn't seem to make a difference to me.

I had a V8 M3 before the current C Class and I could get around 300 to a tank driving conservatively but spirited driving would result in 150 miles per tank. Still to be expected with a big V8 ;). I used to put in the V power but to be honest I couldn't notice the difference so reverted to Regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom