Tyre wear..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flackadder

Car
C220 Sport 125 edition Cdi Blue Efficiency 5dr Auto Diesel Estate. W204.
Both tyres bought at the same time time and all wheel alignment done at same time. Car does' not pull to either side....slight drift to the left on left hand side of road ...and to the right on right hand side of road. Set-up feels ideal. Nevertheless, there is obvious wear on the edge of nearside tyre. I do not corner with excess and there are very few roundabouts here. Tyre pressures are equal. Done about 8000 miles on them.

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

Attachments

• IMG_3097.JPG
    IMG_3097.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3098.JPG
    IMG_3098.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 40
Potholes and road humps can knock the wheel alignment out. I have mine checked 4 times per year and normally have the alignment reset 50% of the time
Jim

Mine did the same just had the fronts changed. 31k miles but worn about a third over from the edge

got to get mine checked too both front tyres wearing on an 1nch from the outside rim....15500 miles on a set of tyres

In the past I've opted to nominate my own alignment settings rather than let them restore it to the factory values; particularly the front toe-in where I tend to ask for 0'0".

No toe-in definitely helps with wear on the outside edge of the tyres, but it does mean the steering might feel sharper (i.e. less lazy on turn-in).

Let me know what the outcome is.

wheels on front were well out I thought they might be calibrated them on the Hawkeye system.Your tyre pictures above flackadder I can see one is on it's way out mine were worse but mine had done 15500 miles...also had my front brake discs and pads done worn out at 32000 miles dunno if this is good or bad !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom