Tyre Weight Sticky Tape Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
What's the best (and least aggressive) solution for removing the strips of tape used to stick previous tyre weights onto painted wheels.

White spirit perhaps?

Having just bought myself a set of 18" rims for my Audi and I used wonder wheels alloy wheel cleaner to soften it and a plastic scraper to get it completely off.

WD-40, leave it on there for 15mins, then it should rub off easliy.

do NOT! get WD40 on your tyres it will rot the rubber beyond belief trust me. in fact spray some on old worn out tyre and leave for a few weeks and see it crack.

WD 40 is definitely a no go near tyres:thumb: There's a product called Goo Gone which I use for all these kind of tasks absolutely brilliant :thumb: Alternative IPA (not the beer though that would be a waste):D

WD 40 is fine, just put it on a cloth and rub it on the areas you need it. best done prior to washing wheels.

i need to do the same since having tyres changed and rebalanced, will do it when i change back to winters :(

Did you get the dash clean.....

Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover works well on adhesive. I used it to get baked on tar off my exhaust tips when I got my 210. LINK.

A vinyl and graphics company I work with use Tardis.

For all sticky stuff i use brake and clutch fluid cleaner and a lolly pop stick that wont scratch the paint. i use loads of it and from my motor factors its only £12.00 for 5 litres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom