Tyre width

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Growy16

Car
ML55 W163; ML63 W164; C63 W204; E400 cabriolet; Navara Outlaw V6
Have tried to search for this topic but the app has its limitations..... I am ready for a tyre change on my 204 C63 and, following the installation of a Quaife LSD I would like to fit the widest tyres I can on the rear without having any rubbing. I run 19s with the standard 255s currently. Will a 275 fit on the rim and if so will it not rub anywhere? Pretty sure 265s would fit without issue if so? I was considering leaving the standard 235s on the front but would a 245 fit, and would it have any oversteer/understeer implications?

If you come out of performance lounge and go into tyres etc there's a sticky with all the advice you need.

Thanks for the reply Renault. Not sure how I sort that? Went into main discussion and can see stickies but how do I search...? Not used the forums much so don't know my way around!

Thanks very much Renault. Really appreciate that. Mark.

265/30/19 is the widest you can go on the saloon but there is someone on here running 275/30/19 on a coupe

amiller81 said:
265/30/19 is the widest you can go on the saloon but there is someone on here running 275/30/19 on a coupe

I'm pretty sure H20MRV used to run 275s on his car, I think he had a saloon, he's in an Audi now and doesn't seem to post here anymore.

paulshep69 said:
I'm pretty sure H20MRV used to run 275s on his car, I think he had a saloon, he's in an Audi now and doesn't seem to post here anymore.

Just found his post from last year, 245s on the front and 275s on the rear (19") and it was a saloon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom