Tyres for a w203 c320 cdi sports pack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Help!

Need to price some up and at opposite end of country to car. Any ideas what the size the boots will be?

Cheers

David

All depends on brand. What you thinking of putting on it?

Whatever I can get hold of reasonably and quickly. Normally prefer falcons.

The missus is away to the outlaws tomorrow, and I am on south coast today.

Not great for ringing around. Mb quote is 160 per tyre which does not sound particularly good value to me

There's a couple of different wheel set ups for that car need to know what size you want and can then price them for you, we fitted a few members cars this week with new boots.

There's a couple of different wheel set ups for that car need to know what size you want and can then price them for you, we fitted a few members cars this week with new boots.

Can you do tracking/alignment as well?

What size are the tyres David?

I'll get you a price from a family member that is the regional manager for a tyre place.

Now have the sizes... 225 /45. ZE 16 91 Y

Need to be fitted first thing tomorrow am unfortunately

If you prefer to pm please feel free

Does that mean 225/45/16?

What brand of tyres are you wanting?

Good news and bad news :eek: Good News can get you Falken's for £92.50 each fully fitted and balanced. Bad news is our supplier is out of stock of the size you require so we couldn't do them tomorrow morning, earliest they could get some to us is tomorrow afternoon. Sorry couldn't help on this occasion but if you can't sort anything for the morning just let me know.

Stupid phone 225/45/r17

Sorry chaps and thanks Ian

Falcons are preferred sweetpee...

If you mean 225/45/17, I can get Marangoni tyres fitted and balanced etc for £75 a corner.

I'm being told that Falkens would be cheaper than Marangoni if they did sell them.

If that makes any sense.

That a wrap then...

Who what where when etc...

Thanks for this sweetpea, I am grateful.

Sorry thought you were after 16"

So as follows for 225/45/17

Falken ZE-91 £85.50 per corner
Falken FK 452 £92.50 per corner

Another one we are fitting loads off and they perform brilliant are Lassa made by Bridgestone in Turkey (just google Lassa Tyres) they work out at £79.50 per corner.

Would still be touch and go for the morning though as our supplier could not guarantee a time they would be delivered in the morn.

As I say if you are still struggling give me a shout.

I'm being told that Falkens would be cheaper than Marangoni if they did sell them.

If that makes any sense.

Nothing wrong with Marangoni tyres, company owned by Pirreli just as Bridestone own lassa. Marangoni heavily promoted by Kwikfit with free puncture repairs.

Not sure about Falkens being cheaper than Marangoni, Some Falken tyres will use the latest compounds whilst the likes of Marangoni, Nexen, Nankang and Lassa are usually a generation behind. We can certainly buy Marangoni for about £12 per tyre less than Falken 452 but Falken ZE91 are around the same price as Marangoni so depends on the comparison and what you want out of a tyre.

£75 a corner from Sweetpea is a great deal for a good tyre :thumb:

Cheers once again chaps. now I have landed and reviewed, I am well pleased.

Kind regards

David

PS Ian - Can you let me know when you have your alignment kit - i'll be over...

Cheers once again chaps. now I have landed and reviewed, I am well pleased.

Kind regards

David

PS Ian - Can you let me know when you have your alignment kit - i'll be over...

No problem I will do, the only reason we don't have it yet is that we only install the top quality kit and our alignment when we get it will be Hunter Hawkeye the same as WIM use as it's the best there is. For tyre changing and balancing we use snap on kit which is exactly the same as some of the F1 teams use. Our MOT lane is also top end snap on. Cheap kit is just false economy and gives variable results, at least with the best kit you can guarantee the results :thumb:

Sods law.

No locking wheel nut key in the car. Does that make me grumpy!

MB informed me that they use a master key, which I expected and a new one takes 2 days nothing else they can suggest.

My solution is to have them take the two front ones off, and replace with bolts for now. Don't mind the £8 per bolt, and can't really complain about the £20 charge to swap them.

Mind you it's a five minute job, and one that could have gained my goodwill ever so cheaply...

Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom