Tyres for Facelift S211 E320CDI 245 45 R17 best choice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stocho

Hi,

I need new summer tyres for 56 E320CDI Estate. Current tyres are 245 45 ZR17 99Y.
I have the following questions:
1. When I search by registration number the size is 225 45 R17. Has the previous owner put modified wheels or is it a standard set up?
2. Load rating: should it be 95 0r 99? (I read somewhere that higher load rating might adversely affect handling?
3. What is the best brand/model of tyres for this car? (I am currently leaning towards CONTINENTAL 245/45R17 99Y ContiSportContact 5
4. What are "MO" tyres? The above tyre is actually cheaper in MO specification. Why would Mercedes approved version would be cheaper than the standard generic of CONTINENTAL 245/45R17 99Y ContiSportContact 5 (about £122 vs £129). Is it better to get generic rather than MO version of the tyre?
5. Thinking of getting them from http://www.tyresonthedrive.com as they come and fit at home. Are they ok?

Many thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
I believe "MO" is the Mercedes version of run flat, doesn't comply with run flat criteria as mob didn't want their customers to suffer an uncomfortable ride

I was thinking this was "MOE" "Mercedes Original Extended range" this is Mercedes version of run flat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom