tyres for my 450SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RaceDiagnostics

Car
450SL XK8
On my TT I use Michelen PS2, fantastic grip in the wet and dry, however I have found out that many of the best performing tyres are not available in the size needed for the SL.

After many hours of researching I have decided upon Verdestein SPORTRAC 3 205/65/R15 94, the mytyre price is ~£290 + fitting etc. mainly due to the wet condition performance.

Has anyone an opinion or a better recommendation?

Will the V pattern of the tread suit the car ?

I've used mytyres and the delivery (from Germany) was quick and well tracked.

I would recommend Continental Premium Contact IIs - great tyres and not expensive in that size :)

I've got Vredestein Sessanta Ultra's on the back, fantastic tyres. About £150 each for 255x35xR18

Will the V pattern of the tread suit the car ?

I've used mytyres and the delivery (from Germany) was quick and well tracked.

You are right about the tread, it is not really my preference for the "older" car, but I am willing to sacrifice this if it offeres the best wet grip.

I've got Vredestein Sessanta Ultra's on the back, fantastic tyres. About £150 each for 255x35xR18

Unfortunately the don't do them in the smaller wheel sizes, but thanks for the tip, the TT will need new tyres over the summer too so I put them on the possible list for it.

is it wise to use the 107 in the wet?! :devil:

is it wise to use the 107 in the wet?! :devil:

Generally it does not come out in the wet, but I'm going on a week long tour at the end of July and want to be prepared for the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom