tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merceclass

Car
E Class
Has anyone tried tyres other than top brands on E class i have conti's now but only use my car for work basicaly driving normally and thought of buying something cheaper car is 211 E280 sport cdi any opinions thanks

Has anyone tried tyres other than top brands on E class i have conti's now but only use my car for work basicaly driving normally and thought of buying something cheaper car is 211 E280 sport cdi any opinions thanks

In the past i have used Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 and rate them highly.

Whenever i've experienced budget tyres it's because they were already fitted to a used car or set of wheels i've bought. Without exception they've all been noisy and fitting a set of 'better' tyres transformed the car from a noise and ride comfort POV. The last time it was a pair of Accelera something or other (directional ditchfinders?) that were 'kin noisy and utterly crap in the wet before the sidewalls on both of them split. Being skint when this happened i fitted a pair of part worn Conti sport contact 3 (to match the rears) myself on a mates tyre machine, couldn't believe how heavy the Acceleras were compared to the Contis or how stiff the sidewalls were...

Goodyear efficient grip this or assymetric that are typically cheaper than Contis and quieter with a better ride IME although obviously some of that might be due to new vs worn tyres. The s124 is currently wearing a set of F1 assymetric 2 which were a chunk cheaper than Conti and not much more than various mid range brands when i bought them around this time last year

Agree with Hotrodder - I fitted Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics (17", 225/45/front 245/40 rears) to my S204, excellent ride and grip and very quiet, I also fitted Goodyear Efficientgrip 16" 225/50 to the rear of the 968 cab and am really pleased with them, will soon be putting them on the front of the 968 as well.

FYI the tyres were sourced from Tyreleader, the ones for the S204 were £307, local fitter charged £40 to fit and balance.

I am not sure quiet tyres exist I have used zero's and continental sport 2 on my s320 and given the road surfaces around here A120,A14,A12 the noise is loud but then you hit a new surface on the A14 and it is whisper quiet.

Buy kumho ku39. They'll be fine and are cheapest too. Just don't go king ling long etc.

Mine is a C Class, not an E. But for what it's worth I had Dunlops before and they were fine. They were (and still are) cheaper than the Contis I have now. Would use Dunlop again.

in the past i have used goodyear f1 asymmetric 2 and rate them highly.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom