Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

exvolvoman

Car
2004 C180k Estate & Volvo V70 T5
What do you guys use on tyres?
Currently using Armorall spray but after washing they always look grey and dull.
Ideally looking for something to get that 'as new' look

I’m fairly good at looking after my cars, I never use a sponge always use a decent mitt and am very careful not to scratch the paint by using dirty water but to be honest I rarely use anything on the tyres.

They do look nice when done but with our pants weather not for long.

You may get some good advice here but there is a huge amount of info on the detailing sites.

Try

Detailing World - A world for detailers by detailers.

Hi Exvolvoman,

Try Autoglym Rubber cleaner plus. It's part of their professional range and isn't cheap but works out cheap as it will last years. 5ltrs of the stuff has so far lasted me around 4yrs, and that's washing every other weekend two cars. It even lasts through rain showers etc after a couple of applications.

Wash tyres properly. Allow to dry.

Liberal coating of Autosmart Highstyle and leave overnight. Next day, apply another coating but less liberally and again allow to dry,

I use a 2" paintbrush but goes on just as well with foam/sponge applicator.

(I like shin(e)y tyres), Believe it or not - lustre varies with different brands and even varies with compound/selection with brand (eg Contintental).

Do what i do. Get down look at them and cry because i have no more money to spend on things that wash off before i get home ! Collect your tears and put them in a small bag with a cut lemon and hang them from a north facing branch of a tall tree. After two days take the bag down add some garlic, and extra virgin olive oil then leave for a futher two days in a cool shaded area. Then strain through a muslin cloth and gently apply it using the fur from a new born yorkshire terrier (it must be a Virgo).

Just kidding it's friday ! I use the pound shop stuff or the armoural when i see it cheap lol.

Nothing last very well on tyres so by cheap and use little and often the only thing that i find varies is the shine.

I use
Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection
Gives a really good shine and lasts a couple of weeks plus.

Zaino Z16.

Zaino Z16.

Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss - Clean Your Car

zaino-z16.jpg

Used Autoglym this afternoon look great after first doing them not sure how long they will last though!

I use
Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection
Gives a really good shine and lasts a couple of weeks plus.

WHY IS THE FONT SO BIG?

'Cos he's shouting!

Sorry guys, I copied and pasted it from another site, should have scaled it back down my bad.

Sorry guys, I copied and pasted it from another site, should have scaled it back down my bad.
Was just kidding mate, no worries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom