Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianw48

Car
MERCEDES B200 CDI SE 2006, C180 coupe 2007
Can anyone recommend tyres for my c180 coupe 2007 please.

Can anyone recommend tyres for my c180 coupe 2007 please.
Personally I would go for whichever premium tyre you can get the best deal on, either Michelin, Continental, Pirelli, maybe Dunlop or Goodyear - they’ll be pretty good to very good, depending upon the specifics of the tyre. Definitely shop around and negotiate, some manufacturers have additional promotions too.

Some mid-range tyres can also be a very good - and lower cost - but unless you’re really into your tyres then the risk of ending up with a tyre which is OK (or worse) is higher, and so given that you’re asking for advice then I would stick to the premium brands if budget allows.

I see you’re North Yorkshire, where snow and wintry conditions can be more severe than in the balmy South, and so I would personally consider all season tyres if they’re available in the right size.

giphy.gif

Tyre reviews, tests and ratings - Tyre Tests and Reviews @ Tyre Reviews

I need some for my C220 CDI. Always gone for Michelin or Goodyears but given the fact this is a derv I'm going to go for the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2's. They are the cheapest premium tyre, good fuel economy rating and should last longest too.

It depends what you want from your tyres (other than the obvious, circular and black) , buy what ever your budget stretches to , you do not drive a high performance car, but you also do not tell us what type of motoring you do.

Shop around locally and avoid the absolute budget stuff whose name you have never heard of and can not pronounce.:thumb:

Fitted nexen to all my stuff now, cars and vans, they are good in my view, last well stick out past the rim and quiet, prices are decent, i have bought 14 in various sizes this last 12 months, got a free bodywarmer from my tyre man.

Fitted nexen to all my stuff now, cars and vans, they are good in my view, last well stick out past the rim and quiet, prices are decent, i have bought 14 in various sizes this last 12 months, got a free bodywarmer from my tyre man.

:D He probably gave you the Body Warmer because he thought you Worked there! :rolleyes:

14 Tyres in 12 Months is very good business for him! ;)

Yes I am Nexen convert,they are a hard wearing tyre and at £90 a corner fitted are very good value,on the S class given they are a two ton car I used Nexen SU4 as used for some time on the Porsche 4x4 from the factory.

I have Goodyears on my W163 at the moment, cost £400 two years ago, 255/60/17. They have done about 18,000 and have been good, but are towards end of life. I priced up another set and the cost has gone to £550. I am an older sedate driver, no inclination to find out how fast I can get round a corner, so started looking around.
In the end I have bought 4 NEXEN's in 255/60/17, delivered to my front door, £250. I have a tyre guy that will fit for £10 a corner.
I did a lot of research and it would seem they are a decent mid range budget tyre. They are stored in my shed waiting for the Goodyears to give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom