Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MainMan

Car
SLK 320
I noticed that, in their review of performance tyres last week, Autosport found that Vredestein Hi-Trac were the best. They beat Continental, Dunlop, Firestone, Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Kumho and Hankook. The interesting thing is that, with the exception of Hankook and Kumho, they were also the cheapest.

Also Vredestein seem to be one of the few manufacturers who make winter and snow tyres. If your Merc is anywhere near as bad as mine in snow, these may be a good investment.

this is definitely wheel & tyre forum material :)
moving...

Im not sure what the big thing is about toyo, someone else mentioned them aswell. Our suppliers tell us theyre a very budget brand???

I wouldnt put them on your merc if they are... other good tyres like michelin, goodyear (or fulda) are not much more....

Originally posted by jaymanek
Im not sure what the big thing is about toyo, someone else mentioned them aswell. Our suppliers tell us theyre a very budget brand???

I wouldnt put them on your merc if they are... other good tyres like michelin, goodyear (or fulda) are not much more....

Don't know about budget, I have them on mine and they did very well in some tests a while back ... same tread pattern as the Goodyear Eagle F1s, for a decent amount less. Have been very pleased with them indeed so far, and they are showing little sign of any wear - have had them on for the last 6000 miles. . . . they have rim protectors too which have saved my alloys from a few nasty knocks !

Check them out at http://www.toyo.co.uk - mine are the Proxes T1-S.

S.

It was me who mentioned Toyo Jay when I PM'd you about prices m8.

Again, I'm not sure they're a budget brand. TVR fit them as standard from the factory so I'd call them a budget high performance tyre.

Shame your man can't get them - I rather fancy them next.

I have the Toyos as well. They performed consistently well in last year's EVO tyre test which is why i chose them. Neither outstanding or very poor in any category - a good all-rounder.

I'm happy with them.

Ok well i stand corrected, if theyre as good as you say then ill get hold of some prices. Greg ill pm you with the details.

Jay

I like michelin pilot sports.

Go to Costco for much cheapness ...

SHOW ME THE LOGO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom