U.S.A parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welshandy

Car
Mercedes E320 Avantgarde Estate
The Navigation disc reader/processor of my '05 E320 cdi Avantgarde estate seems to be dead.
New Merc. units are a ridiculous price, and I haven't been able to locate the correct used replacement in this country. But have located a couple in the states; all the reference/part numbers match.
So, I'm hoping someone can reassure me that, as all the part numbers match, is there any reason why I can't use a United States used unit in my car?

AFAIK, a unit from the USA won't work correctly. I think it's mainly to do with radio frequencies, but maps may also be a problem.

+1 on the radio frequency disparity.
I wanted to buy a car stereo when I was visiting the USA once and the sales guy explained that they only use the frequencies ending in even numbers (I think) so it would not tune to a lot of our stations.
Pretty decent of him I thought as I would not have found out until I fitted it and by then would have been 4000 miles away.

Tony

Thanks for your comments guys......in regard to radio frequencies....does the frequency issue present a problem when it's only my navigation that isn't working?..the radio is still working, it's only the navigation unit in the rear of the car that's dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom