Ugly cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Look at this dog

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 32
We have just ordered a new Juke for my wife. She has a 61 plate Note that has not had one thing go wrong in 3-1/2 years. Reliability counts for a lot. She likes to sit up higher as she is short. She can't reach the pedals in my CLK or my previous C200 or Volvo C70. The Juke is goofy looking but seems to be of pretty good quality for a budget level car. Terms were also quite good.
I have ordered a Freddy Krueger mask to wear when I drive the Juke.

Every time I look at a Juke I see a baby hippo with a bad case of acne ... :D
Not an ugly baby hippo mind, just ... well - a hippo.

Red C220 said:
Ssangyong Odious]

Fixed that...

It seems to me as all the fully electric cars are made to deter people from buying them, could that be a hidden agenda of the manufacturers?

The manufacturers need to have a environmentally friendly image, but it feels like they don't really want their electric cars to dominate sales - what are your thoughts?

Nissan_Leaf.jpg

Opel_Ampera_ePionier_Edition_%E2%80%93_Heckansicht,_9._Juli_2012,_Heiligenhaus.jpg

bmw-i3-orange.jpg

Renault_Zoe_on_MIAS_2012.JPG

I find all the French* cars a bit too "quirky".

They do design to be quickly eye catching, but cheap and lacking in taste, style and finesse. German design might look more conservative but they have to still look classy and nice in 10 years time. It'll appeal more to the younger person, who is more their target audience with small cheap hatchbacks, etc.

* Except Peugeot which just looks plain bland, and achieves neither of those goals.

Last edited:
They're just cars.

Rub that hardcore enthusiast off his profile plz spike lol

No, they are just cars meaning the types of car that you find ugly are bought to be used like white goods.
They are not designed to catch the eye of the motoring enthusiast but built with small quirks to differentiate them from their competitors.

So, they're just cars.

I find the written word to be very ugly on occasion.

I find all the French* cars a bit too "quirky".

They do design to be quickly eye catching, but cheap and lacking in taste, style and finesse. German design might look more conservative but they have to still look classy and nice in 10 years time. It'll appeal more to the younger person, who is more their target audience with small cheap hatchbacks, etc.

* Except Peugeot which just looks plain bland, and achieves neither of those goals.

The designer of the BMW F30 must of been previously employed by a French manufacturer :doh:

bmw-316i.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom