Ugly cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't think manufacturers design cars solely for the rental market. They design cars based on varying customer affordability and what market research shows people want.
Some people like quirky cars. A colleague at work is on his second leased Juke after liking the first and finds it very affordable. He doesn't want to spend 50% more on a car as it suits him. It makes financial sense.

Who said manufacturers design cars solely for rental market ...not me please read again correctly ...jukes are cheap to lease and have good deals .and if he likes it that fine but I am sure if we could afford it we would all have Lamborghini and Ferraris on are drives and not jukes and Zoe's

Never been a Citroen fan ..French do good food but bad cars IMO Germans cars and vans all the way for me

I'm not a fan of French cars in general , although exceptions would include Citroen DS and SM , and Facel Vega .

Mercedes did make one notably ugly car in the 130h .

Last edited:
...I am sure if we could afford it we would all have Lamborghini and Ferraris on are drives and not jukes and Zoe's

I have no ambition to own anything other than Mercedes ; Ferrari et al hold no attraction for me .

Who said manufacturers design cars solely for rental market ...not me please read again correctly ...jukes are cheap to lease and have good deals .and if he likes it that fine but I am sure if we could afford it we would all have Lamborghini and Ferraris on are drives and not jukes and Zoe's

But many who can, don't.

I have to say, I have seen a few Cacti in black and grey and think they look cool, because they are different, all my daughters friends think they are great, as they do with the Juke.
Admit it guys, you have got to that age where 'It was all better in my day'. ;)

b096dfea980b3b22841f5c1dd8d416dab5a9f768.jpg

No one has said that cars were designed solely for the rental market. What do you think I read incorrectly?
It was posted that the rental companies buy loads of cheaper cars that some consider ugly.
Jukes are very affordable yes.
Personally I have no interest in Italian cars and I don't think all very wealthy people do either or in other expensive models.
People spend their money in different ways and not everyone is interested in cars other than as a means of transport.

Austin Princess.......or the posher Ambassador......!! fugly!! My dad had a mustard yellow Princess with brown vinyl roof and velour upholstery.......

Technically? In which respect?

The small section of the front headlight which extends to the grille, what is it used for? The indicators are on the sides, all the beams and angle eyes are in the the center of the headlamp. Whats the point of that small extension of the headlight to the grille?

attachment.php

I have to say, I have seen a few Cacti in black and grey and think they look cool, because they are different, all my daughters friends think they are great, as they do with the Juke.
Admit it guys, you have got to that age where 'It was all better in my day'. ;)

b096dfea980b3b22841f5c1dd8d416dab5a9f768.jpg

I've got a feeling that it is actually the other way round, I'm pretty sure I see more older folk in the typical Juke and Cactus.... I'm guessing it makes them feel young and wild? :dk:

Juke owner search brings up the following :D

watchdog-nissan-juke-ignition_0.jpg

Cactus owner search:

8146231-large.jpg

I've got a feeling that it is actually the other way round, I'm pretty sure I see more older folk in the typical Juke and Cactus.... I'm guessing it makes them feel young and wild? :dk:

Cactus owner search:

8146231-large.jpg

Any one that wears a coat like that deserves a cactus lol

Cactus owner search:

8146231-large.jpg

This echoes my experience as well.

geraldrobins
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: c200cdi
I don't think manufacturers design cars solely for the rental market. They design cars based on varying customer affordability and what market research shows people want.
Some people like quirky cars. A colleague at work is on his second leased Juke after liking the first and finds it very affordable. He doesn't want to spend 50% more on a car as it suits him. It makes financial sense.
Bobby Dazzler likes this. Maybe taken out of context but it looks like you're applying it here

Unsatisfied with criticising cars the attention is turned to making spiteful comments about their owners.

This thread really is a race to the bottom.

Cactus owner search:

8146231-large.jpg

Alongside the adage often voiced to prospective buyers that nice cars tend to be owned by nice people , could it be suggested that ugly cars are predominantly bought by ugly people ?

... and good looking cars tend to be driven by good looking people ?? :D

Unsatisfied with criticising cars the attention is turned to making spiteful comments about their owners.

This thread really is a race to the bottom.

It's just an opinion thread, no need to get upset, as views will vary across the board. I don't see any negativity in having a bit of fun.

The cactus has certainly elicited some spikeful comments.

I think these look horrible.
My mate has one and in the flesh I think it looks even worse. Like an upturned boat with a fish faced mouth for the rear end.
IMO of course.
Mercedes_CLS_63_AMG_(C219)_Facelift_rear_20100814.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom