Uh oh, I've started looking at Breitling watches...like buying a Merc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
I guess a guy thang, but there's something quite impressive at the solidity and integrity of the brand. I wonder if I'm being drawn to the name or the watch? Could be said the same for Mercedes...do we buy the car or the brand?

I currently wear a Breitling and am very happy with it :D

Now looking for a stand-in for when it goes away for a service

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=56703

For me, I bought the brand, I wanted a Mercedes and bought a C class.
Similarly I wanted a Breitling and bought the SuperOcean.....

I currently wear a Breitling and am very happy with it :D

Now looking for a stand-in for when it goes away for a service

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=56703

For me, I bought the brand, I wanted a Mercedes and bought a C class.
Similarly I wanted a Breitling and bought the SuperOcean.....

I love reading those brochures for expensive things. You can pretty much replace the name of the brand with any other noun and it still reads the same.

It really makes me laugh how marketing goes over the top these days seeing as the watch hasnt really changed all that much over the years but the selling has become silly.

It may be in Japanese, but this is a great site for Breitling watches since you can try out all the different models, face colours, straps and buckles.

You can play for hours... ;-)

http://www.breitling.co.jp/

Be careful, they are very much like Mercedes, I started out with one Breitling watch, and now have three of them.

Really hurts when they need servicing, expensive business! Now then, can I get a service manual for a Breitling watch and DIY? ;)

Be careful, they are very much like Mercedes, I started out with one Breitling watch, and now have three of them.

Really hurts when they need servicing, expensive business! Now then, can I get a service manual for a Breitling watch and DIY? ;)

Oh, yes! Cost almost as much as a B service on the Merc.... :eek: :eek:

Nah, got to be that Panerai in the watch thread we had recently. I have a fascination with Cartier watches, I just can't afford one.

Just say no. That way madness lies.

Stick to that knacked £4.99 Casio with the sweaty stinking strap. You will be much happier and a better person

Just say no. That way madness lies.

Stick to that knacked £4.99 Casio with the sweaty stinking strap. You will be much happier and a better person

Then why not trade you Merc in for a Daewoo ............... go the whole hog..:D

Ask them if they can retrofit DARKTRONIC - auto-dimming glass.

I went throught this phase.. went out cash in hand... then i actually put one on my wrist... it looked ridiculous... way too big..
Was much more at home with a nice simple Raymond Weil.

I went throught this phase.. went out cash in hand... then i actually put one on my wrist... it looked ridiculous... way too big..
Was much more at home with a nice simple Raymond Weil.

I never knew Raymond was simple... a bit slow I know but you're just being nasty...:D
Leave Raymond alone....

lol... well i have small wrists, i couldnt even get my sleeve over the one i was looking at!

The opposite for me, hence this huge chunk of titanium doesn't look too bad on me :bannana:

img1242chronoavengeronlgn4.jpg

The case height is not far off 3/4" :devil:

If you go for a Breitling,the Navitimer is the only one IMO that is credible.
It`s got a history,distinctive,classic design,and not at all `in yer face`.
Beautiful things to own.
All other models in the range are a bit bling/tacky/cheesy/`designer`.
Sorry `bout that D.Tech!

Panerai?
You must have the wrist for it!!!
Have a look at the `scan day` images on Timezone - the Japs/Eastern men love their watches (and have the money for them..)but they look absolutely rediculous on feminine,hairless skinny oriental arms!!!!
If the strap exits the lugs approaching 90º its a no-go........

Lol...not my watch (mine's is identical but in far better condition).

To be fair my arm probably is just as hairy though :D

and the time is out by an hour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom