UHI Connector for phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madturk

Car
Mercedes C200 CDI Sport Edition
Hi Everyone,

Please be easy on me as I'm a new bee. Here is the help I need for. About a week ago I purchase my self a 2006 Mercedes C200 CDI sport edition :), When i first see the car I have noticed the phone dial buttons but did not ask question as assumed there is a phone option build in but after purchase the car and reading on google I now understand this is not the case. Inside arm rest console I do NOT have UHI connection or any other type connector. I realy like my phone to work with the car as I'm spending so much time in the car. Questions are
1- How can I find out if the car pre wired for phone (Dont really know what this mean by pre wired)
2- What do I need in order to make my phone work with this car
3- While I was serching people mantioned stereo system type like I20 I30 how do i know what type stereo system installed in my car.
4- Also i'm seen W203 - W204 what this numbers mean and again how do I know what is my car?

Sorry if I been stupid but this is my second Mercedes and first one was 16 years ago and only had it for a month before some one crushed into it.

Thank you in advance for your helps.

Hi welcome to the forum :)
Richard and Alfie are very knowledgeable; and I'm sure they'll be along soon.
This is their website; you might find some if your questions answered there as well.
Comand Online Ltd

W204 is the current C Class shape the W203 was the previous model which was from 2000-2008

1. You would have the UHI connector if it was pre-wired.

2. You can install mercedes phone pre-wire so you have the UHI connector. You would then also need to purchase a bluetooth adapter / cradle.

Or you could install an aftermarket kit that works like the factory pre-wire e.g. mCar or Fiscon Pro. These wont require a bluetooth adapter / cradle.

Both the above options can be found on: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits

Alternatively you could upgrade the headunit to the MY09> NTG2.5 based unit which have full bluetooth built in bluetooth so no pre-wire or cradle needed. Units can be found for sale on ebay.

Or install an aftermarket phone kit like Parrot or Bury.

3. Options on a 2006 C Class would be: single cd which is Audio 20, b&w turn by turn direction navigation which is Audio 50 and full colour navigation which is Comand NTG2.

Been covered on here plenty of times, use the search.

Last edited:
Thank you for every one who did replied my question.
npuk
above is great information updating head unit sound like is the best and easy is option. I'm a pc and network technician with lot hardware installation experiance do you think changing head unit can be done by myself or require professional to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom