UK Courier and Collection Recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclone1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W218 CLS63 S AMG
Hi All,

Looking for recommendations of a courier company who can collect some car parts (brake discs etc so over 50kg plus high value) and deliver to me.

Who do you use?

Cheers
Jules

How urgently do you need them? I have a son in Hove who could collect them on his way up to me near Beaconsfield next time he comes up, and I could drop them off in Nottingham next time I go Oop Norf, but it could easily be a couple of months before they reached you.

On the other hand, I'm quite reliable and very cheap - well, free in fact.

How urgently do you need them? I have a son in Hove who could collect them on his way up to me near Beaconsfield next time he comes up, and I could drop them off in Nottingham next time I go Oop Norf, but it could easily be a couple of months before they reached you.

On the other hand, I'm quite reliable and very cheap - well, free in fact.
Thanks for the kind offer. No rush for them but don’t why them sat with the seller.

DPD seem capable with this sort of thing so I'd enquire there to get the ball rolling.
50kg in one piece isn't necessarily a one-man-lift though. It may be better to break it down into lighter pieces or, be sure there is adequate handling capability at either end.

Sounds like a good opportunity for a trusted and established forum member near either location to get a decent run and earn some beer tokens! I'd do it were I closer - this retirement lark is not all it's cracked up to be! LOL

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations of a courier company who can collect some car parts (brake discs etc so over 50kg plus high value) and deliver to me.

Who do you use?

Cheers
Jules

Like others have suggested , maybe forum members could help . Where are they going from and to (general area)

Hmmm have checked the ones recommended and all bar UPS require the items being broken down into smaller parcels. It then works out more expensive than UPS, who’ll take one heavy parcel.

Looks like I’ll go with UPS, whilst expensive due to adding insurance, the options are limited.

Appreciate the replies....

Jules

Give Dave at MD couriers a shout. He comes highly recommended on the LR forums I frequent, and I have also personally used his services a few times without any problem.

Home - MD Couriers

Thanks everyone. UPS now booked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom