UK-Deutsch German car meet 8 ball Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ukdeutsch

Car
lots
NEW-POSTER.gif

Hey folks just to let you know UK-D meets have moved our meet dates.

UK-D meets are aimed at German car enthusiasts and owners alike.
Held on the second Friday of every month at the 8-Ball Diner on the northbound A12 at Witham Essex which is becoming an increasingly popular venue "Essex's answer to the Ace Cafe" The 8 Ball Diner | London Road – A12 Northbound – Witham – Essex CM8 3HB
UK-D meets are open to all German manufactured cars BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen (including air-cooled), Audi, Porsche etc...... as well as associated marques such as Seat & Skoda.
Everyone is welcome, whether you own one of the above or just want to come and mingle - the more the merrier!!

Full info and pictures of last years meets see the website
UK-Deutsch Monthly Meets

or our facebook page
UK-Deutsch | Facebook

hope to see you soon!

Nice to see a few more mercs there this month. So was it any of you guys!?

Not me I'm afraid. Too far North for the trip down. Keep on with the plugs though, you never know.

ukdeutsch said:
Nice to see a few more mercs there this month. So was it any of you guys!?

Not this time local to me and I do plan to come along but work has stopped play both this month and next but July is looking good.

Keep us posted.

Yes it was a silver CLK parked next to the Black E430 Estate

I'll have to try and say hi next time. I was in the rough looking vw beetle. Just finished turbocharging it, and its still slow! :)

Ill come up in my Silver Arrow next month, only 20 mins away

I'll have to try and say hi next time. I was in the rough looking vw beetle. Just finished turbocharging it, and its still slow! :)

what engine have you got fitted and mods to it ?, I had a few years ago
a 64 Beetle running a nicely built 1776 with twin 45 Dells it used to run 13 secs all day at the drag strip ;)

Very nice! I put it on my tired old stock 1600. Its my first ever engine build, I just wanted to see if I could do it.
Everything in the case is stock, just changed the CR to 7.5:1. Currently running a gt15 turbo from a diesel Astra, a Renault 5 carb, no intercooler yet and 11psi. I think it pushin around 70hp out. Not much at all really.

I plan on building another engine in time maybe a little bigger but with much better parts. As it stands I can only rev the stock crank to 4500rpm or it wont last long.

I'd like to see a reliable 150bhp but for now, 70bhp ish will have to do!

Very nice! I put it on my tired old stock 1600. Its my first ever engine build, I just wanted to see if I could do it.
Everything in the case is stock, just changed the CR to 7.5:1. Currently running a gt15 turbo from a diesel Astra, a Renault 5 carb, no intercooler yet and 11psi. I think it pushin around 70hp out. Not much at all really.

I plan on building another engine in time maybe a little bigger but with much better parts. As it stands I can only rev the stock crank to 4500rpm or it wont last long.

I'd like to see a reliable 150bhp but for now, 70bhp ish will have to do!

Getting it to breath is the key factor on flat 4's lots of head work, mild cam spec, and free flow exhaust plus a countr balanced crank

All very true.

To be honest I think the next one will be normally aspirated, I love the sound of a turbo but prefer the roar on big carbs!

just putting a few quid into bolt up rockers, counter weighted crank will bring an extra 1000-1500rpm!

This turbo build has been fun but I think it's not for me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom